• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Getting Total of numeric values in Alhanumeric Numbers

VDS

Dear Respected Members,

I attach herewith the data with 6 different columns.

Column B gives the specification of container like 18 x 40". It means there are 18 containers with 40 Feet (size) and like that.

Different Columns have been defined for different feet and have separated data and taken grand total of containers with formula.

What I need the following: -

1. is the Formula "=IF(VALUE(LEFT(RIGHT(B5,3),2))=$D$2,VALUE(MID(B5,1,FIND("X",B5)-2)),"") can be simplified ?
2 Total should be extracted at the YELLOW MARKED places without Columns C,D E & F.

How it can be done ? help is requested.

VDS

Attachments

• P280IS03_SUMRY.xlsx
    11 KB · Views: 2
Dear Respected Members,

I attach herewith the data with 6 different columns.

Column B gives the specification of container like 18 x 40". It means there are 18 containers with 40 Feet (size) and like that.

Different Columns have been defined for different feet and have separated data and taken grand total of containers with formula.

What I need the following: -

1. is the Formula "=IF(VALUE(LEFT(RIGHT(B5,3),2))=$D$2,VALUE(MID(B5,1,FIND("X",B5)-2)),"") can be simplified ?
2 Total should be extracted at the YELLOW MARKED places without Columns C,D E & F.

How it can be done ? help is requested.

VDS
Hi,

Have a look at your workbook, my formula are in Col C. The formula in C23 is this dragged down.

=SUMPRODUCT((--MID($B$3:$B$19,FIND("X",$B$3:$B$19)+1,3)=--MID(A23,FIND(" ",A23)+1,2))*(LEFT($B$3:$B$19,FIND(" ",$B$3:$B$19))))

Attachments

• P280IS03_SUMRY.xlsx
    11.2 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: VDS
Back