• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Get value vertically from horizontal data

Dear All,
I wish to get the data from horizontally to vertically using VBA or fucntion. Is it possible I have tried but failed. Need your help. Please help. I have attached the data sample for your kind perusal.
1. Sheet1- (Raw Data).
2. Sheet2-(Format Which I required).

Thanks,
Best Rgds,
Sukhdev Singh

Attachments

• sampledata.xlsx
    10 KB · Views: 0
Hi.

Is this a one-off exercise? Or something which needs to be automated to give a dynamic set of returns at any given time?

Also, it perhaps makes it slightly confusing that you write "None" in the Dependent1 column, rather than just leaving it blank in those cases. Why not be consistent and write "None" where e.g. there is no Dependent3 for a given person?

Regards

hi..is this the way u want it??
Hi Nisha,
In dependent1 Column Non implies that no one is dependent over that employee means he is single.
I need it dynamically format. if I fill the data in sheet1, it should be appear in sheet2 automatically.

thanks,
Best Rgds,
sukhdev

Hi Sukhdev,

See this file with MACRO solution. Green is output data on sheet2. Test the code on your real data.

Regards,

Attachments

• sampledata (1).xlsm
    18.8 KB · Views: 2
Hi Somendra,
Thanks for providing the solution. exactly I need the same which you have sent. Thanks once again.
Best Rgds,
Sukhdev Singh

Hi Somendra,
I have tried to copy my real data in the format, but headings are disappearing while running macro, Here I am attaching the data and format which I required as there is some confusion for merged cell for salary column. Kindly help.
thanks,
Best Rgds,
Sukhdev Singh

Attachments

• sampledata.xlsm
    29.7 KB · Views: 0
Hi Somendra,
I have tried to copy my real data in the format, but headings are disappearing while running macro, Here I am attaching the data and format which I required as there is some confusion for merged cell for salary column. Kindly help.
thanks,
Best Rgds,
Sukhdev Singh
Hi All,
can anybody help me and get me out of this problem.

thanks,
Best Rgds,
Sukhdev Singh

Attachments

• sampledata.xlsm
    29.7 KB · Views: 0
Hi Sukhdev ,

The file you have uploaded now is absolutely different from the file you uploaded initially.

Such uploads which are not representative of working data , are a waste of someone else's time , and probably even yours.

Please wait for Misra to respond.

Narayan

Hi Sukhdev ,

The file you have uploaded now is absolutely different from the file you uploaded initially.

Such uploads which are not representative of working data , are a waste of someone else's time , and probably even yours.

Please wait for Misra to respond.

Narayan
Hi Narayan,
I am Extremely Sorry for the same. Actually I have pasted wrong data in the sheet and everyone time is precious as I. Now onwards I will not do anything in hurry.
I am attaching actual data and required format for your kind perusal. Everything was working which Somendra sent but last column (where salary included) I wish to merge so that it reflect only once against one employee.
Thanks once again and please update the same whenever anyone get the time for this.
Best Rgds,
Sukhdev Singh

Attachments

• sampledata.xlsm
    20.1 KB · Views: 0
Hi Narayan,
I am Extremely Sorry for the same. Actually I have pasted wrong data in the sheet and everyone time is precious as I. Now onwards I will not do anything in hurry.
I am attaching actual data and required format for your kind perusal. Everything was working which Somendra sent but last column (where salary included) I wish to merge so that it reflect only once against one employee.
Thanks once again and please update the same whenever anyone get the time for this.
Best Rgds,
Sukhdev Singh

Dear Somendra,
Can you please help me for merging cells in last column attached in the format. Rest of things you sent earlier are perfect, but want to merge last column in the format.

Thanks,
Best Rgds,
Sukhdev Singh

Attachments

• sampledata.xlsm
    20.1 KB · Views: 2
Back