• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Freezing Panes affecting Data Validation

Hi Guys

I will be administering a test with more than 1500 questions. So need to apply Freeze Panes in row above Answer column for ease of use to those taking test.
However, my Data Validation is affected as pop-up in answer cells freeze.

I tried locking all cells above Frozen row, but that did not work either.

Please see attachment.

Attachments

• TEST2.xlsm
    654.5 KB · Views: 11
Hi Prinz

The design of the form could use some work. The score box is only 4 rows long while your data starts in row 5. The logical solution would be to move the score box up to row 1 then you always see this data.

But your data has so many other issues. Your colour scheme is a bit overwhelming, choose 2-3 colours and stick to those rather than introducing a rainbow effect. Having 456 items in a drop down is not a very practical way to use a data validation list. Takes too long to scroll through.

I would have a rethink about the above.

Take care

Smallman

Smallman
Thanks for the input.
Not sure how you addressed my key issues.(TEST sheet). Please see file again.

Thanks

Hi Prinz

I am pretty sure I went into detail with my response. I gave you an answer plus some design tips. The answer is in sentence 1. Just so we are clear, change the position of your Score box.

Take care

Smallman

Last edited:
Hi Smallman,
I did what you suggested on a clean sheet with no designs and it still did not change the issue of how my answer column which contains data validation (using Vba) is affected when i freeze pane.
My score box is hardly the problem.

I will upload the worksheet. Thanks for the input.

Your score box is the problem. Here is the file to prove it. You said you wanted to see the scores while the panes were frozen for the Pages Answers and Scores. I am saying if you move your score box you can see the score box and the headers.

You will see on the Admin sheet I have moved the scorebox above the header and you see it at all times.

Take care

Smallman

Attachments

• TEST2.xlsm
    660.4 KB · Views: 3
Hi Smallman
Thanks again for looking into this issue.
The Freeze pane you added on the Admin worksheet was good but I still do not see how it solves the issue on the "TEST" worksheet.
Remember, there are two sheets on there. Column F , starting from Row16 is where my data validation-VBA dropdowns are.

Maybe you are right. The amount of data I have in the range is too much.

Hi PJ

OK so what do you want to see on the Test sheet. I am sorry I am a bit confused. If you post a sample of what you want to see will do my best to offer some suggestions.

Take care

Smallman

Please look at the "TEST " sheet again.
The Freeze pane, which I need to scroll up and down is preventing the DV in column F to open correctly.

Notice, when you change the number in G3, the values in column D change as well.

I just need the freeze pane to not affect the DV in Column F.
Notice, when you unfreeze the pane, the DV goes back to normal. View Code for DV as well.

Attachments

• TEST2-1.xlsm
    655.7 KB · Views: 4
Back