• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Formatting the words and date with in the email template

Dear Friends,

I have a problem with my automation project. I am in need of your help to resolve it so that I can take the tool to the next level. I need to do couple of formatting stuffs to the email template so I don't have to waste time in formatting every time.

let me explain on how this tool is designed: There are 8 scenarios in this template and for each scenarios I have created the macro code to capture the scenario. As an output I get 2 things from each of the scenario. First is the description of the call / email and finally the email template for resolution notes.

Once we select the scenario in main sheet, it will navigate to the respective scenario where I need to mention key inputs of the query (Rows 8 to 15). post which I will click on Generate query log button to get the description of the call and post will user will create the ticket number and update the same in its respective field. finally once the issue is resolved user will then click on Generate resolution note. this macro will create a email template which will be used in outlook as a automated response.

My problem: I have to do certain formatting stuffs to the words and date while creating the email template..

Problem areas are :

A. Descriptive call section (D17 Cell)
1. Date and time section, Need date in DDth MMM YYYY HH:MM AM/PM format (st th rd nd is an optional if it requires huge coding as I don't want to make it complicated)
2. Font should be Verdana 11
3. Reference name should be in Proper case

Before:

Email received from pavan s (AP Online login ID/ Vendor ID: q32246457, Email Address: pavans1@in.com) on 8/21/2014 1:07:37 PM; in order to log a ticket, with regard to the account information (GSS_Account Locked). Below mentioned are the vendor details:
Phone Number: 12353462
PO Number: 3215367

After:

Email received from Pavan S (AP Online login ID/ Vendor ID: q32246457, Email Address: pavans1@in.com) on 21st Aug 2014 1:07 PM; in order to log a ticket, with regard to the account information (GSS_Account Locked). Below mentioned are the vendor details:
Phone Number: 12353462
PO Number: 3215367

B. Email template (D25 Cell)

1. Date and time section, Need date in DDth MMM YYYY HH:MM AM/PM format (st th rd nd is an optional if it requires huge coding as I don't want to make it complicated)
2. Font should be Verdana 11
3. Reference name should be in Proper case
4. Bold Account number
5. Ticket Number should be bolded with Blue colour
6. Note sentences should be of lesser size like 10 or 9 with italic style.

I hope I have explained the scenario clearly and request you all to please help me with this project so I can get promotion in the company..
smile.gif
cool.gif

Password for the file is : Ramya

Attachments

• AP Queries Tool My.xlsm
    352.3 KB · Views: 6
Hi Pavan,

I believe I was able to make your changes. If you review the coding, you should see the example of how to format specific parts of cell text, if you need to make additional changes. I also added a function at the end of the module to create the ordinal number endings (st, nd, rd, etc.).

Attachments

• AP Queries Tool LM.xlsm
    366.5 KB · Views: 14
Back