• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Forgot password

Hi, Rahul Aggarwal!
I was tempted to say "with a lot of luck or bucks", but I refrained to do so... :)
How long was your password? Structure, letters, numbers, symbols, any pattern?
Regards!

Hi, Rahul Aggarwal!
How much data did you have in the workbook approximately (in rows x columns)? Because if the no. of cells was greater or equal 1, then you've lost all the data.
So... are you joking? Your workbook is empty! Funny guy...
Regards!
PS: Next time you won't get it for free, so have your credit card or checkbook handy.

Your workbook is empty!
@bobhc
Hi, b(ut)ob(ut)hc!
Could you believe this? I still don't.
My actual thought is that he didn't know what was that file about, surely isn't his, and was curious to know its content. I may be wrong, but...
"but as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle said thru Sherlock Holmes, "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."."
Regards!

In case of a password protect worksheet you are unable to Edit the data on the Excel Sheet. If you do not Remember the Password or do not know the password to unprotect the sheet just follow the below simple steps.

Press ALT + F11 or click on View Code in Developers Tabs

In the Above White Space Enter the below Code. Do not change the code just copy paste:

Sub PasswordBreaker()
'Breaks worksheet password protection.
Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer
Dim l As Integer, m As Integer, n As Integer
Dim i1 As Integer, i2 As Integer, i3 As Integer
Dim i4 As Integer, i5 As Integer, i6 As Integer
On Error Resume Next
For i = 65 To 66: For j = 65 To 66: For k = 65 To 66
For l = 65 To 66: For m = 65 To 66: For i1 = 65 To 66
For i2 = 65 To 66: For i3 = 65 To 66: For i4 = 65 To 66
For i5 = 65 To 66: For i6 = 65 To 66: For n = 32 To 126
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Chr(i) & Chr(j) & Chr(k) & _
Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & Chr(i3) & _
Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)
If ActiveSheet.ProtectContents = False Then
MsgBox "One usable password is " & Chr(i) & Chr(j) & _
Chr(k) & Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & _
Chr(i3) & Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)
Exit Sub
End If
Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
End Sub

Now Click on the Run Button or press F5:

And there you go the sheet is unprotected for you now. Also you would be getting a message in the pop up window.
This Message is contains the password which can be used to unprotect the other sheets in the same workbook.

@all
Hi!
For all those who want to play a bit with the password protected empty file uploaded at the 1st post by the funny OP, the open password is 1418. I'm intrigued about which would be the game...
Regards!

@Joe Phelan
Hi!
In this case that yet widely know procedure isn't useful since it only gives passwords to unprotect worksheets, but neither to open a password protected file nor to access a password protected VBA project.
Regards!

Back