• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Filtering Specific Words from Columns and displaying Header as Result

Pushppreet

Dear Excel Ninjas,

I have attached file regarding which I am writing. The file has multiple worksheets which are linked to the Calendar Worksheet. Now In calendar worksheet, I have Training names / Subject from A4 to A150. Now this planner was designed to plot one name in front of the training and dates. And in the bottom, the training names would get reflected in front of the trainer names. Now there are times when Multiple trainers conduct a training on same day, please look at Calendar Worksheet cell F7, I have put 3 names instead of usual 1 name. So what I want is in the bottom, in front of the trainer names the result to get filtered by Identifying a name from multiple names entered. If you look at F155, F159 and F164, I want the training name result to get individually plotted.

Could someone help me with this please...!

Regards,
Pushppreet

Attachments

• CS Training Plan - Jan 2017 - Pushppreet (v3).xlsx
    310.3 KB · Views: 8
Hi,

Here you go...

Let me know if that helps.

Attachments

• CS Training Plan - Jan 2017 - Pushppreet (v3).xlsx
    302.4 KB · Views: 5
Okay, now I have a new problem. 2 of my worksheets in my file are not working properly. Here is the problem:
1. the Second worksheet "Trng or Trainer Search" is not working at all. Here, once we select the month from the dropdown box, the list of trainings for that month should get reflcted in the dropdown box (there are a total of 3 dropdown boxes for Training Names).
2. In worksheet "monthwise training" I am getting this weird error "#NUM!" has started reflecting. What can be done. I have attached the file for your reference.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pushppreet

Attachments

• dnata CS Training Plan - Jan 2017 - Pushppreet (v3) - help.xlsx
    275.1 KB · Views: 2
Okay, now I have a new problem. 2 of my worksheets in my file are not working properly. Here is the problem:
1. the Second worksheet "Trng or Trainer Search" is not working at all. Here, once we select the month from the dropdown box, the list of trainings for that month should get reflcted in the dropdown box (there are a total of 3 dropdown boxes for Training Names).
2. In worksheet "monthwise training" I am getting this weird error "#NUM!" has started reflecting. What can be done. I have attached the file for your reference.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pushppreet
Hi,

Please refer to attachment...
It should be working now.

Attachments

270.4 KB · Views: 3
Hi,

Please refer to attachment...
It should be working now.

Dear PCosta,

Thank you for your help. With reference to the "#NUM!" error, what was wrong and why was I getting that error.

Secondly, in the "Trng or Trainer Search" worksheet, is it possible to have names of only those trainings to reflect in the dropdown box which have been planned / plotted in the Calendar..?

Regards,
Pushppreet

Dear PCosta,

Thank you for your help. With reference to the "#NUM!" error, what was wrong and why was I getting that error.

Secondly, in the "Trng or Trainer Search" worksheet, is it possible to have names of only those trainings to reflect in the dropdown box which have been planned / plotted in the Calendar..?

Regards,
Pushppreet

Hi,

So, with reference to the "#NUM!"... although it was throwing you an error, it was not an actual error in the formula. Simply put, the formula was designed to return a list of Unique Training Names matching ">0" in column "C", i.e., that are planed for at least one day. "#NUM!" is basically it's way of telling you there are no more Training Names matching the condition... I simply added the IFERROR to return "" whenever there was no more Names to display.

As for the search, since you have the unique list already available in "Monthwise Trng View" sheet, I named that range and used it in the validation.

It should be working as intended now.

Hope this helps

Attachments

270.4 KB · Views: 4
Back