• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Filtering reports

madocar

Hi,

please is there anybody to help me. I want to create 6 more excel sheets separately from the source table according to "Source" sheet, particularly Type value.
Excel file in attachment.
So I want to create 6 more sheets (reports) based on type column in the "Source" sheet.
There are 2 options (1_Filter, 2_Function) how to do that but ...
1. option = 1_Filter sheet:
The problem is when I add some row to the source table, It did not change dynamically. I have to remove filter and then apply it again.

2.option = 2_Function sheet:
I did it by using function but you see how does it look like. There is a lot of blank rows. It does not look good.

Is there any other way how to do that?
Thanks

Attachments

• chandoo_filtering.xlsx
    56.8 KB · Views: 2
Hi,

please is there anybody to help me. I want to create 6 more excel sheets separately from the source table according to "Source" sheet, particularly Type value.
Excel file in attachment.
So I want to create 6 more sheets (reports) based on type column in the "Source" sheet.
There are 2 options (1_Filter, 2_Function) how to do that but ...
1. option = 1_Filter sheet:
The problem is when I add some row to the source table, It did not change dynamically. I have to remove filter and then apply it again.

2.option = 2_Function sheet:
I did it by using function but you see how does it look like. There is a lot of blank rows. It does not look good.

Is there any other way how to do that?
Thanks
Hi,

Have a look at your workbook, there's a button on the Source worksheet, if you click it the data are copied to 6 new worksheets.

Attachments

• chandoo_filtering.xlsm
    64.1 KB · Views: 4
Perfect!
Thank you so much Mike H..
Is there any great tutorial how to learn macros in excel?
As i can see It can help a lot
Glad that worked for you and thanks for the feedback.

If you want to learn VBA then you could do a lot worse than hang around forums like this one and look at an understand the answers. As you improve your skills try answering yourself.

If you're prepared to buy a book then I would recommend anything by John Walkenbach.

Back