• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Extracting specific value from sheet1 and display the entire row in Sheet2

Jagdev Singh

Hi Experts

Is it possible to extract the specific user data from Sheet1 and display it on Sheet2? Like in the attached example where the raw data is in sheet 1 and the output should be in sheet 2. If I want to find the data for User Jagdev, it should display both the row in sheet 2.

Regards,
JD

Attachments

• sample.xlsx
    16.3 KB · Views: 6
Hi Hui
Thanks for the formula, but I am looking for something like the one attached with the thread. This is a Chandoo macro which extracts specific data from RAW data tab and places it in the filter tab on a click. I modified it little bit to suit my need.
Is it possible to amend it little bit further? I have 3 sections mentioned in the RAW tab at the top of the table i.e. common, First session and Fortnightly Session. Is it possible to add some functionality which will display combination Common + First session only and sometime Common + Fortnightly Session as per the requirement.
Regards,
JD

Attachments

• extract_data_using_advanced_filer_with_vba.xlsm
    544.5 KB · Views: 5
Hi:

If I understood your requirement correctly a code to hide or unhide the columns as per your need can do the trick.

Thanks

Hi Nebu

I merge the data to extact the common result out of it. So with this I do not need to hide or unhide the columns.

Please help me with one more functionality with the attached macro. When I filter the data and modified it in the filter tab. Is it possible to save the updated/edited data back to Raw_Data tab.

Regards,
JD

Hi:

This can be done but you will have to give me a unique identifier to identify the rows you filtered from Raw_Data tab and updated.

Thanks

Hi:

The name cannot be unique identifier as the names are repeating. I asked for the identifier to identify the rows you will be making changes. For eg:if you apply a filter you may end up getting say 3 rows and you want to update only 2 out of these 3 rows. How will the macro identify these rows in your raw data sheet and make the corresponding changes.

Thanks

Hi Nebu
Sorry for giving you incorrect unique identifier. The correct one should be “Name”, because the list of names is identical in the RAW Data.
Regards,
JD

Hi Nebu

It is good for the reference point. If you check the Rawdata tab, you will see 3 columns at the end which give the details of the user which edited the data. I do not want this info to be shared with the users.

When you try to amend anything in the filter tab it punch the replica of the filter tab data in RawData sheet, but from B2 cell instead of A2 cell.

Regards,
JD

Attachments

• extract_data_using_advanced_filer_with_vba.xlsm
    556.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hi:

I am not sure what this macro is.It is not updating the filtered data for sure , it is inserting a new row and copying the filtered data. Please find the attached file. I have written a macro to update the filtered data assuming that the all the data points are unique. go thru this file with much larger data set and let me know .

Thanks

Attachments

• extract_data_using_advanced_filer_with_vba (1).xlsm
    522.8 KB · Views: 3
Hi Nebu

Thanks for the macro it is working well. I tested the macro with larger data and it is punching the data back on RawData tab.

Sorry for bothering you for one more option. Is it possible to keep tab of users who amend the data and date.

Like in the RawData sheet the records with user name and date who amended the changes gets capture as well.

The RawData sheet will be hiden and protected. I would like to capture these information in it.

Regards,
JD

Yes it is possible to track the user, time , cell and even previous value ...as a log sheet and can track all the changes made, but if the data is going to be updated frequently it will be a really big log file.

Hi Nebu

I do not want the previous value. It is best if we have the date, time and user to be capture in the RawData tab. I am requesting this because I want to keep tab when the particular user update the record in the filter tab.

Regards,
JD

Hi:

Please find the attached the Log sheet will give you the date time and user if you change any data in the filter tab.

Thanks

Attachments

524.4 KB · Views: 4
Hi Nebu
Just let me know if it is possible or not. Is it possible to link this macro with a master sheet? The master sheet is placed in a fixed location. What I am looking for is that, if any data added in the master sheet, it should pull to this macro under RawData sheet. In short can we link this macro sheet to Master sheet.

The Data structure is same in both Master sheet and our RawData sheet available in this macro

Regards,
JD

Hi Nebu
I attached the master file with the thread. Please help me to link it with our Rawdata sheet. We need to link only one column data from the Master sheet refer Data sheet, column L. This is same as our Unique Identifier in the above condition. Is it possible for the macro to run and check the Name field in both macro and master sheet and whichever names are missing in the Rawdata sheet it placed them at the end of the name column in the Rawdata sheet of our macro. We want only name to be checked and placed here.
Regards,
JD

Attachments

• Master.xlsx
    15.9 KB · Views: 2
Hi:

Please find the attached.

Note save the Master file in the same location as your raw data file.

Thanks

Attachments

27.1 KB · Views: 3
Hi Nebu
I tested the sample file attached and it is working fine. I have one smaller requirement. In the master sheet after the column L there is a column with “Yes” and “No”.
The Value in column “L” which is reflecting “Yes” in its respective column should reflect “1” in the macro sheet under column “Code” and “No” should reflect “2” in the code column.
Sorry for bothering you so much with it.
Regards,
JD

Attachments

• Master.xlsx
    16 KB · Views: 2
Back