• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Extract a Date from a Cell which is amongst text

Linda Hunter

Hi, I'm wanting to extract a date from a cell that is amongst text.

Col A,B,C,D and E (of attached worksheet) are a copy and paste from a system that we use to track action items.

Col E includes Action Item # + Due Date + Action Required. We need to extract the date by formula into Col F "Due Date". Currently we are manually typing, but as you know this can led to error.

Please find worksheet attached (due to the sensitivity of the information the text has been replaced with xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Hope you can help, and that's for this forum to help make our lives easier.

Linda

Attachments

• Copy - Action Items.xlsx
    212.8 KB · Views: 14
Hi,

You can also try the below formula

=INT(MID(E10,FIND("(",E10)+10,FIND(")",E10)-(FIND("(",E10)+10)))

Change the format of column F to 'Date' for conditional formatting to work

Thanks Khalid. That works great, however the "x" is actually text (the x was provided in the worksheet just to protect sensitive information), so will we need to change each line item formula with the actual text in Col E? If so, it would be quicker just to do the manual entry of the date. The line item text in Col E changes on a regular basis as the actions are closed in our system.

Hope this makes sense?

Linda

Thanks Khalid. That works great, however the "x" is actually text (the x was provided in the worksheet just to protect sensitive information), so will we need to change each line item formula with the actual text in Col E? If so, it would be quicker just to do the manual entry of the date. The line item text in Col E changes on a regular basis as the actions are closed in our system.

Hope this makes sense?

Linda
Hi Linda,
Oops i forgot to copy down my formula.

Thanks to Sathish for perfect answer.
However i am also trying alternate solutions.
Thank you.

Back