• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

EXpain this code to me please

Jack

It is saying if the Value in cell W4 = ?, then put a ? in the cell where the formula is
otherwise put the value of cell in 'Drawn Numbers'!$N6 less 1

Thanks Hui, I am trying to troubleshoot a book (spreadsheets) I have that has mistakes and I am trying to find them. I am struggling. What is happening is in that 1 cell out of a round 60 cells this one is displaying the opposite answer. I have several cells that I put either a E (Even) or O (Odd) in OR a U (Up) or D (Down). I have a few cells that when I put a E in them its saying its incorrect and I should put a O The problem is it really should be a E so its giving me the opposite answer. Any thoughts on this?

Let me explain what we have here. This is my entire book. It has 10 games in the book and they are all supposed to be identical with the exception of the game numbers. I will go through the book real quick and tell you exactly where the errors are. I am thinking its in the conditional formatting or could be from one of the outside boos that it links too which are HUGH files so hopefully we wont have to go there LOL. Give me a few

Here is the book that I use to play my games

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzzi5400cjzq7zu/x Blank BookNumbers Input.xlsm

The best way I can explain the errors without going into details about how the book works (not sure if that's important) I have 10 games labeled 40-50. Games 47,49 and 50 are 100% correct. Games 40,41,42,43,44,45,46,48 all have the same error in Row A21 columns I21 and J21. In addition Game 40,41,and 42 have errors in Row 11A I21 and J21. It may be best to list the errors. If someone can figure out 1 of them and let me know how you did it, I will do the rest. I am trouble finding them. Oh, there are hidden columns. I will unhide them and pray I do not forget one or two

50 good 100 Correct
47 good 100 Correct
49 good 100 Correct
48 50+ E-O2 ROW 12 COLUMNS I AND j
46 OBHITS E-O3 ROW 21 COLUMNS I AND j
45 OBHITS E-O3 ROW 21 COLUMNS I AND j
44 OBHITS E-O3 ROW 21 COLUMNS I AND j
43 OBHITS E-O2 AND OB E-O3 ROW 20 AND 21 COLUMNS I AND j
42 OBHITS E-O2 AND OB E-O3 ROW 20 AND 21 COLUMNS I AND j
42 50+ HITS E-O1 ROW 11 COLUMNS I AND j
41 50+ HITS E-O1 ROW 11 COLUMNS I AND j
OBHITS E-O2 AND OB E-O3 ROW 20 AND 21 COLUMNS I AND j
40 50+ HITS E-O1 ROW 11 COLUMNS I AND j
OBHITS E-O2 AND OB E-O3 ROW 20 AND 21 COLUMNS I AND j

I can't see any errors in any of the cells you describe above ?
Can you please be more specific about what cells on what sheets are in error and what the cells values should be and how they are derived

Sure, the best way for me to tell you how to check this is number one save a copy of the book. I will fill out the same book and give you step by step instructions and you will see what I am talking about Basically I am going to fil in the EO and UD and then take the draw numbers away and se if the numbers that win are displayed. You will see what I am talking about after I upload a new book. Give me a few Thanks

You will notice that the cels in Columns GH, RS and AD will either be Red (Odd or Down) or Green (Even or Up) I can place the UD r EO in the cell say for game 41 like I have. Then I have taken the numbers away. I then go to the Draw page and load the last game played into game 40. Now, the next game will be 41 right? so, the correct numbers should be displayed because I have already gone and loaded the game, placed the EO and UD in the proper cells.

You will notice that the cels in Columns GH, RS and AD will either be Red (Odd or Down) or Green (Even or Up) I can place the UD r EO in the cell say for game 41 like I have. Then I have taken the numbers away. I then go to the Draw page and load the last game played into game 40. Now, the next game will be 41 right? so, the correct numbers should be displayed because I have already gone and loaded the game, placed the EO and UD in the proper cells.

You will note I have loaded in game 41. Then I backed the game out leaving the EO and UDs in the appropriate cells. When I take the game away the winning numbers should be displayed in column's AI,AJ,AK ,AL and AN. Note the 6 is missing. I have to take the "O" out of row 12 column J for the 6 to display. I need to find out why this cell is not working properly. It should have whatever color is generated which in this instance was a Red cell for Odd. Here are some pics

Attachments

• Note I had to remove the O from row 12 column I.png
    Note I had to remove the O from row 12 column I.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Red and Green lights.png
    Red and Green lights.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 0
I am in Texas USA and it is after midnight here. I am willing to stay up all night if you think you can help sir. It is MOST appreciated. My brain is mush from racking it and all the numbers started running together UG. I am sure you will have questions so I am here to help you help me.

Attachments

• The Number 6 is missing.png
    The Number 6 is missing.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 3
  • The winning Numbers displayed on the right.png
    The winning Numbers displayed on the right.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 2
What I have noticed over the past few months is I can place different draw numbers in Game 41 (any of the games too) and sometimes it will be correct 100% of the time and other times the cell moves that is bad. The top rows 1-8 are never bad and it seems to mess up in a few areas only like rows 11 and 12 or 20 and 21. Other ones mess up to In other games. I have some math messed up somewhere

Hi, Jack-P-Winner!

I spent a reasonable time trying to find out what would you be trying to achieve, and I'm afraid I didn't succeed. So I should join this guy first statement:
http://chandoo.org/forum/threads/count-numbers-vertical-with-total-in-next-column.15845/#post-95718

Any chance of uploading/posting an instructive in plain text other than that of worksheet Instructions?

BTW, the code at modules Module5 and Module7 (all others are empty) is exactly as recorded by the built-in macro feature? I was wondering if there isn't a standard procedure that you could describe so as to try to keep only one generic reset macro instead of one for each game. I was thinking on using named ranges with worksheet scope so as to easily copy worksheet Game#nn as Game##xx and keep the functionality.

Back to your original question, for the time being I don't have a damn clue of what isn't working because I don't understand what's the goal.

Regards!

The link above sir is not the same as what I'm talking about. Different subject that's closed.

I was afraid of the instructions as this is complicated to explain in wright ing but I'll try

This book narrows down the ball(s) if you place an E/O or U/D in a cell I JTU or AE AF , you will see to the right black out numbers AIJKL

IN row 12 a O needs to go in that cell so it blacks out certain numbers and it's suppose to leave a . If you need to know which numbers I can tell you. The issue is its suppose to leave the number 6 and if you put a O it takes the proper numbers away PLUS the 6. When I'm playing the game it's a draw game of what's gong to happen next which we have no clue right? So I go through my other spreadsheets looking through patterns and math calculations trying to determine which cell in this book t place a E/O OR U/D. I have no clue this cell us bad till the game is over when I enter the new draw numbers. Are you with me to thus point?

As far as the resets. I'm learning sir and I did this so I can leave the cell information and look back a game or two. It's a great idea because since then I started lighting up the cells Red and Green. Remember my logic red is odd and down. Green us even and up.

Okay let me know if any if thus makes sense?

Another question, can you at least tell me where these cells go back to? I'm so jumbled and tired they all run together. I need to come visit you sir and just sit on the beach for a while. I can wait for that day ...

What I'm asking is can you follow the cells (any of them ) I place a O/E or U/D and give me a road map where all it's being fed from This animal has gotten so massive and comprehensive plus put together pc by pc I've gotten lost in my own house )-:

Something that will help. Look at Game 41Row 12 and click on cell A12. It says =IF(A4="?","?",'Drawn Numbers'!$N12-1). Now go to the Drawn Numbers page and look at N12. There is a 12 in that cell. A 1 in cell M12 and a 3 in Cell O12. Where does the 12, 1 and 3 me from. I need to track this to see where these numbers are so I can change them. You "can not" change them there you will mess up the formula. I believe the issue starts there.

The ONLY place you can change or mark ANYTHING is to put a draw number in the input page IJKL and N and the cells for all the games columns IJ,TU and AE AF. if if you mark or change ANYTHING else it messes up the formulas. That is the reason I protect the sheets even from myself. Back sometime ago when I was hacked this is someone besides myself password protected my sheets and even I could not get in them. Thanks guys

Attachments

• N12.png
    N12.png
    82.7 KB · Views: 1
This should answer all the confusion or at least I hope so.

Go to game 41. Place a "O" in cell J12 and watch the 6 disappear and appear from cell AJ6. This is my issue. A "O" belongs in in cell J12 but when I place one in there the 6 goes away. That's bad. I need to find out why this is happening. Now does all this make sense? This is the issue I have with several cells. Once I figure out where the math comes from I can fix it

Back