• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel Data Analysis Help

Danielle_B87

Hi

I am new to this forum and have a homework question.

I have been asked based on the data provided (see attached), what three recommendations I would make to the client to help them improve their recruitment performance on the website?

I was wondering if I could send someone (a helpful soul) the full excel file so they could help me produce some analytical insight around the dataset.

Would need enough analysis for 12 power point slides.

Much appreciated
Danielle.

Attachments

• Casestudy Data.xlsx
    190.7 KB · Views: 34
Hi Danielle ,

Thanks for an interesting case study. I would certainly like to help out , but I think putting everything down here in this thread would help others in future.

The main objective is to improve recruitment performance ; can you define what this translates into , and how we are going to quantify and thereby measure it ?

Secondly , there are quite a few categories involved :

1. Business Unit
2. Division
3. Department
4. Work Type
5. Job State
6. Job City
7. Location
8. Ads on SEEK

and probably some more ; looking at the performance over these different categories separately is going to be a nightmare ; can we look at the overall performance , ignoring all these categories ?

If so , then what are the measures we can think of ? Let me put down my thoughts as I go through the data.

1. The lesser the number of ads , the better ; ideally , just one ad should suffice.

2. I assume the Source Opening Date is the date on which the first ad appeared ; is this correct ?

3. I find that the date under the heading Date Interview is prior to the date under the heading Date Application Submitted ; how is this possible ?

4. There is a big difference between the following :
  • Summary Views
  • Detail Views
  • Application Starts
  • Application Completes
as well a difference between the following :
  • Offer Made
  • Hired
Ideally , these differences should be as few as possible.

Narayan

Hi,
Is there some file to share on progression of this analysis.
I have already managed a data consolidation tracker for similar data and would be interested to know more on Analysis and presentation ideas....

Back