• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel 2016 no longer creating automatic hyperlinks to an email page

MalR

Hi guys. I recently updated Office from 2010 to 2016. I use Win10 x64. For all customers we type in their address which includes their email address. All details are typed in individual cells. When we enter their email address it would previously (in Excel 2010) automatically create a hyperlink. When I clicked on the hyperlink it would take me to a new email page in Outlook with their email address at the top. We could then send that customer his receipt.
In 2016 it no longer does this. On typing in the email address it no longer makes it a hyperlink. I am aware of how to right click and call up the hyperlink conditions to make the cell a hyperlink. But the best I can get it to do when I click on the email hyperlink is to open to a new web page. This is not what I want. Also I do not want to have to type their email address in the setup box because previously this was done automatically.
I regularly back up this program and when I called up earlier versions, links that used to previously open to a new email page now also do not do this. This leads me to think it has something to do with the new Excel 2016 or a change in its settings. I loaded it two days ago.
I tried Googling this with no luck.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
MalR

Sounds like a security setting change in behaviour

Try going to: File, Options, Trust Center, Trust Center Settings, External Content

Try changing the setting I highlighted

upload_2017-4-24_11-53-16.png

Thanks for the prompt reply Hui. I put that setting in, saved and closed Excel but it has had no change. In the attachment I have shown an email address I typed in a new excel worksheet and its resulting hyperlink settings. What is happening is the email address gets hyperlinked when I tab out of the cell but when I click on it it opens a new Chrome web browser. Thus I finish with two open Chrome web browsers. I am trying to get it to open a new email page in Outlook. Do those settings look OK to you?

Attachments

• Hyperlink issue.docx
    45.1 KB · Views: 7
Back