1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Edit X-Axis to Show Categories

Discussion in 'Discuss Data Visualizations and Charting' started by JuliusV, Jan 5, 2017.

1. JuliusV

JuliusV Member

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out how I can change the X-Axis from displaying 0 - 6 to instead show Buckets 1 to Bucket 6. The Buckets 1 to Buckets 6 are the column headings and I want those to be displayed. Note the values driving the length of the bar is the total column which I want to keep. I have inserted text boxes of what I am trying to achieve but need it to be linked to the graph.

Thank you,

Julius

Attached Files:

2. Nebu

Nebu Excel Ninja

Hi:

Find the attached. Its a cheeky way of achieving this. I created a dummy graph and overlapped the original graph to get the effects you were looking for.

Thanks

Attached Files:

Thomas Kuriakose likes this.
  3. JuliusV

JuliusV Member

Hi Nebu,

Thank you for your response. I have encountered this type of issue before and was trying to see if there is a way without overlaying a dummy graph? Ideally, I was hoping to be able to easily upload the graph into PPT. In the past, I have manually added in all of the x-axis labels. Though I see how this solution already provides a way to save time.

Thanks,

Julius
  4. Nebu

Nebu Excel Ninja

Hi:

You can always group the two graphs together to copy it.

Thanks

Attached Files:

Thomas Kuriakose likes this.
  5. Dharlome08

Dharlome08 New Member

You could always use a custom number format for the axis: "Bucket" #,##0

Attached Files:

6. JuliusV

JuliusV Member

Thank you for all the help. It is great to know that you can group objects in excel too.