• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Edit Link Error: Source not found

MalR

Hi guys. I am using Excel 2010, 64bit. I have an xlsm file which has numerous formulas and macros. When starting it I get a warning: Edit Link. Error Source not found. I enclose a screen dump of the error with two screen clips in it.
The warning is originating because it is looking for the file in C:\Users\. The file is actually in E:\Users\.
I have tried to repoint it by using all of the options to the right eg Change Source etc but it will not change the location. Obviously I cannot delete it because it is the main file.
Six months ago when my C drive filled I put in an extra SSD named E and I copied all of my data which is in "Documents" (including this file which was in that C: location) to the E drive. I left my programs on the C drive. I assume this has something to do with the error? It seems to have occurred after I added a calendar add in. ( I think)
I have Googled but not found an answer so am hoping the forum might have a solution.
Summary: how do I repoint the file location?
Thanks
MalR

Attachments

• Screen dump Edit Link.xlsx
    348 KB · Views: 6
Thanks Deepak. Problem is I only have one workbook. I have a bench top PC. No server. There are links within that workbook. After what you said I found the problem is probably with a table on one worksheet. I converted the table. I tried turning sharing on but it created other problems.
What I am trying to do is:
I have one workbook (Excel 2010)
It was located in the C drive six months ago and I moved the file to the E drive.
I am getting an Edit Link warning because it is still trying to target the C drive. The file is no longer there. It is now in the E drive
If I can change the target it will stop the warnings but it will not let me change it.
Do you have any ideas how I can change the target to point the file to the E drive and not the C drive?
Thanks
MalR

Hi:

What I can suggest is you to rewrite all the formulas. May be use Control Key +H and put C:\Users\ in Find what and replace it with E:\Users\. I am not sure whether it will work or not, but you can give it a go.

Thanks

Thanks Deepak. Problem is I only have one workbook. I have a bench top PC. No server. There are links within that workbook. After what you said I found the problem is probably with a table on one worksheet. I converted the table. I tried turning sharing on but it created other problems.
What I am trying to do is:
I have one workbook (Excel 2010)
It was located in the C drive six months ago and I moved the file to the E drive.
I am getting an Edit Link warning because it is still trying to target the C drive. The file is no longer there. It is now in the E drive
If I can change the target it will stop the warnings but it will not let me change it.
Do you have any ideas how I can change the target to point the file to the E drive and not the C drive?
Thanks
MalR
Workbook upload ??

Hi:

What I can suggest is you to rewrite all the formulas. May be use Control Key +H and put C:\Users\ in Find what and replace it with E:\Users\. I am not sure whether it will work or not, but you can give it a go.

Thanks Nebu
Sorry for the delay. I tried the suggestions without success. The error still occurs but I have told excel not to show the warning. One day when I get time I will have a decent shot at fixing it. I was hoping that someone on the forum could say do this..... which would be an obvious solution that I had not thought about. No luck.
Thanks again Nebu and Deepak
MalR

Back