• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Dynamic 'Sumifs '

Portucale

Hi,
I have a workbook where in one sheet contains the raw data in a table format, and which contains various columns (Post_3; Post_4; Post_12; Short; Medium; Long and Other, etc)

In a summary sheet I want to bring the calculations by month for each of the categories, until here I have no issues, but when the user chooses the category he/she should see the 5age calculation for the category, I have no issues in doing this, but I do have the issue to get eh right column according to the category chosen

Current function used in column Y
SUMIFS(Tbl_TVData[POST_12],Tbl_TVData[MONTH],$T3)
This will give me the totals for the respective month and for the respective category, in this case ‘POST_12

Now what can I do for in the same column the Category change according to the selection…

Any help, and all the help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Portucale ,

Try this :

=SUMIFS(INDIRECT("Tbl_TVData" & "[" & A1 & "]"),Tbl_TVData[MONTH],$T3)

where A1 can contain any of : Post_3 , Post_4 , Post_12 , Short , Medium , Long and Other , etc.

Narayan

Hi Portucale,

Try below formula:

=SUMPRODUCT(($T3=Tbl_TVData[Month])*($T4=Tbl_TVData[[#Headers],[Post_3]:[Long]])*(Tbl_TVData[[Post_3]:[Long]]))

Here T3 has month, T4 is category.

Regards,

Back