• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Dynamic Scrolling Chart

GB

Hi,

attached with this post is the daily trading ranges for the DAX Cash Index that contains 2 worksheets (Dashboard & DAX). I have built a scrolling chart (on the Dashboard worksheet) that displays one year at a time then scroll through the data. It’s done in a 2 step process. You will see the formulas used in columns A,B,C,D on the Dashboard worksheet which references data from the DAX worksheet.

Note
Cells that contain formulas are highlighted green. Cell F4 on the dashboard adjusts the look back period so that price movement can be measured over any time frame. My data will always grow on the DAX worksheet show I need to keep everything dynamic. I have some formulas in the name manager.

My questions are...
1. can I build a scrolling chart that references data directly from the data in the DAX worksheet?
2. can the chart show a vertical line on the dates in cells DAX!F16 & DAX!G16?
3. can I reduce or increase the data shown on the chart by entering a value in a cell rather than hardcoding into a range. For example I might want to see 60 days of data or 1000 days of data and not just the current 260 days of data I show now?

See link..
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60464004/DOA.xlsx

Any help or suggestions (for any aspect of this workbook) would be appreciated.
regards
GB

GB

Have a look at the attached

I have used primarily 2 named Formula called
d - All the Data
t - The Look back data

Everything else is based on them

One issue I noticed in your file is that the Top set of data statistics didn't change when the look back date changed

Mine does, but if it shouldn't it won't be hard to fix

upload_2014-7-31_19-57-37.png

Attachments

• DOA.-Hui.xlsx
    745.4 KB · Views: 14
Hi Hui,
what you have provided is very helpful. That little bit of guidance helps. I notice you are driving the visible charts days by the look back period, which I will try and tweak so that visualization comes from a separate cell value. BTW my top set data wasn't meant to change but that's fine what you have done as I can have adjust my stats to have one static and one dynamic.

Thanks very much
GB

Back