• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Dynamic Pictures to Charts

awaisjahangir

How can i assign a picture to a specific value in chart.
e.g. If in a table "pencil" and "rubber" is given along with their values, a bar chart with two bars should appear as pictures of pencil and rubbers. But if i change both names by pencils so chart should give me both bars with pencils and vice versa.

Attachments

• example.xlsx
    25.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Sir,

Really appreciate your response, but my problem is little complicated.
Attached is actual file I am working on. Its a bore log, which we use during seismic data presentation. Its a stacked column chart with signs of soil types. kindly have a look and you will understand my issue.
There are pictures in "Pictures" tab, which i want to use.

Attachments

• BoreLog Exp.xlsx
    184 KB · Views: 4
It's not the same problem is it ?

I'd suggest using some VBA to fill the trace
Luckily I'm a mining engineer and so understand what your trying to do
Let me have a think about it

That's really lucky for me that you are a mining engineer.
I am also thinking of using VBA, but couldn't figure out how. I am also working meanwhile and will share my thoughts with you shortly with updated file.

Here in this file, i've done little working. U'll see in picture tab, I have linked picture to its name, so when we change any symbol name in sheet1, the relevant picture will appear. e.g if you change all names to Asphalt, u'll 1st 15 pictures will be changed.
What to do is now find a way to copy these pictures to stacked column data series, I guess we can use For loop for this purpose.
Waiting for your response sir. Really appreciate you kind consideration.

Attachments

• BoreLog Exp.xlsx
    521.1 KB · Views: 3
Back