• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Dodgy date dilemma!

Birju Shah

I have a project document recording annualized charges for various services covering a contract which runs from 1/6/13 through to 31/5/18 (5 Yearly columns of charges)

I need to accurately report on annual revenues by a certain line of business. The raw data tab essentially has on each row, a start date, an end date, and 5 columns with yearly £ values.

The problem I’m having started because I needed to reflect mid-year price changes to a yearly document. If a certain charge ran from Y1 to Y2 of the contract, I populated the year 2 column with the year 1 values. However, for example, in Y2M2 the price changed, so I had to add end dates to the initial row of charges, and add a new row for the new charge with applicable dates.

The problem this is causing is that a reporting tab I have created now counts the two sets of charges which is inflating revenues for a given year. I.e. the when reporting the LOB on the year 2 column of the raw data, the formulas pull back both the old pricing and the new pricing, as both charges were applicable for a period during the contract year.

Please could someone assist? I would like to accurately report the data in a time apportioned manner. I’m not sure if I’ve explained this accurately so please let me know if you need more information.

Hi Birju ,

The only information needed is your workbook ; please upload your file with proper data ; you can remove any confidential information before uploading your file.

Narayan

Hi,

thanks for your quick response and apologies for my delayed one.

I have added an example of the issue to the attachment..

here we have part code 1, which had an increase in price on the 1/8/14. Unfortunately my sumifs attempts cannot stop double counting the expected revenue in year two. In reality the reporting should show 2 months of the lower charge and 10 months of the higher charge.. (as per the contract date table at the bottom).

Was thinking to somehow incorporate this table into the formulas however I wouldn't know where to start..

Thanks very much!

Attachments

• dodgydatedilemma.xlsx
    11.8 KB · Views: 4
Back