• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

display Pivot table totals at top

You need a helper column in data source.

See attached.
Thanks. So if my PT table has groups like
Age 20-30
M
Married
Unmarried
F
Married
Unmarried
Age 30-40

M
Married
Unmarried
F
Married
Unmarried

Will it show on top of each group or just grand total on top of the table. I want to see GT on top of PT not sub group totals on top of each group.

Hmm, it should work. Try right clicking on the field and sort.
If that doesn't help, if you upload sample file I can take a look at it.

Sure. Please find attached file where i am trying to sort by Sales Column

Attachments

• GT_TOP (2).xlsx
    13.5 KB · Views: 12
Right click anywhere in sales column value field and sort (must be below Grand Total).

Unfortunately filter sort won't work here since you have multiple row labels (GT and Agents) and Excel won't know which one to apply it to.

Right click anywhere in sales column value field and sort (must be below Grand Total).

Unfortunately filter sort won't work here since you have multiple row labels (GT and Agents) and Excel won't know which one to apply it to.

On doing as suggested, also not working for large dataset. I have 4/5 row lables.

Hi sorry for late reply. I've been away on vacation.

In that case, instead of using above method. You can use GETPIVOTDATA to show total above the table. Provided your Pivot location does not change.

Hi, please start a new thread (rather than resurrecting a year old thread) and attach sample file with your data and expected outcome.

Back