• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Dependent Combo Box Control

Kully Rai

Hi,

With the help of this site, i have figured out how to do drop down lists in data validation where the options that appear in my second drop down list are dependent on the choice made in the first list.

However, i need to do this on an ActiveX Combo Box. I have a list of countries and the different geographical regions they are in Europe. Both columns of data have a named range (Regions & Country). I have my first combo box list set up with the regions. I need my second combo box to display only those countries that are in the chosen region. This doesn't seem to work as per the data validation process. Could someone please help me to set up this second dependent combo box?

Thanks

Kully

I have attached the file - the left two boxes are the data validation lists and then i have added the first combo box which shows the regions.

Attachments

• Test Combo Box.xlsx
    18.4 KB · Views: 3
Thank you for the link bobhc - I am no so great with understanding code - do you know if there is a way to do this without having to use VBA?

Back