• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Date formula question

ranaray

Hi gurus,

I have been asked to find what will be the age of a person between 31/09/14 to 31/12/14.

The issue I have is that its a date range. I know how to find age between a start date and a perticular date or today (=datedif(startdate, enddate,"Y"). But I am a bit confused as I have been asked to find all staff who will become 50 years between 31st Sept to 31st Dec.

I also need to find the date when they will turn 50. So I could have 5 people turning 50 on 5th October add 2 people turning 50 on 10th October...my heads spinning...please help

Please help.

Ran

Hi gurus,

I have been asked to find what will be the age of a person between 31/09/14 to 31/12/14.

The issue I have is that its a date range. I know how to find age between a start date and a perticular date or today (=datedif(startdate, enddate,"Y"). But I am a bit confused as I have been asked to find all staff who will become 50 years between 31st Sept to 31st Dec.

I also need to find the date when they will turn 50. So I could have 5 people turning 50 on 5th October add 2 people turning 50 on 10th October...my heads spinning...please help

Please help.

Ran
Hi,

Say you have a date of birth in A2, this formula will give their 50th birthday.

=DATE(YEAR(A2)+50,MONTH(A2),DAY(A2))

Drag down as required.

Hi,

Say you have a date of birth in A2, this formula will give their 50th birthday.

=DATE(YEAR(A2)+50,MONTH(A2),DAY(A2))

I think this works for me Mike as I can now filter on the date based on the above formula and know who is finishing 50 years in Oct , Nov & Dec

Drag down as required.

Back