• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Data Import from web messes up my cell formats

chandisciple

Hello Geniuses,

I am awestruck with the solution you are giving in the forum. May be you guys can help me fix this issue sooner than me becoming old.

I have designed a sheet to import data from web. The data imported will have data either true or false as that is the only data present in the website I am using.

I have added a lot of formatting and when i import the data, though the webpage has only one word, it messes up the cells by inserting 1 or 2 more cell and i don't understand why its happening.

So can you help me achieve any ONE of the following,
1) to import the data only to 1 designated cell. (either by adding all the data from the webpage squeeze into one single cell) or just import the first line from the page ( true/false)
2)to analyze the webpage before importing the data and if the webpage has the value TRUE/FALSE then enter the cell value as YES / NO respectively.

Before importing data :
http://postimg.org/image/5q7tonslx/

After importing data :
http://postimg.org/image/r1zgwbpnb/

Regards,
ExcelFAN

Hi,

where is your code ?! (Between tags according to forum rules …)

It depends on the webpage itself, so without a link …

Hi ExcelFan,

Just as an advise, You can upload the image which you take as screenshot from you pC directly on to this forum by clicking upload a file button below the comment section. Giving links to sites which open ad's (of various nature) may be dangerous for those who access this sites from a secured network. If you want to give other site address if the file size is above 1mb (which this forum supports) try using google Drive, dropbox or any standard product which is secured on all network (esp. corporate networks).

Regards,

You can upload directly to the forum with out users having to go to a site full of adverts.

@Somendra Misra in my weak and feeble attempt at a defence, the only thing I can put forward is that YOU started too compose your reply way before I started......:p

Thank you Somendra and bobhc for your attention and teaching me on the links. I am sorry if i violated the rule, I will follow this from now.

I have pasted both the images, may be this should help . please let me know if anything more is required.

Before :
before (1).png

after :

after.png

Back