1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Custom Ribbon - How to insert section titles for menus

Discussion in 'Ask an Excel Question' started by davideff, Jan 11, 2017.

1. davideff

davideff New Member

Im running 2016 Standalone Excel (32bit version). I've been building a custom ribbon and so far so good. The documentation is pretty fluid and well written. However, I cant find any way to include menu 'section titles' as seen below:
    [​IMG]
    Furthermore, with my version of Excel, Menu with titles doesn't work. Regardless if they are wrapped in a parent menu as in the documentation. Additionally, I can't get a 'dialogBoxLauncher' to appear in any groups either. Is this documentation outdated? I know, lots of questions, but the main one I would like answered is if any knows how to insert section titles like in the picture (i.e., 'Cell size', 'Visibility' etc). I've seen other add-ins emulate this.

Here is the documentation I reference: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd911038(v=office.12).aspx
  2. davideff

davideff New Member

I also tried using a 'labelControl' just to see if it would work, and that wasn't the answer. Just stating things I've tried

Code (vb):
     <labelControl id="label" label="Label Control" />
  3. Logit

Logit Member