• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Create Lucky Draw Game in Excel or Powerpoint

Bear

I got a staff name list and all names are at Column A of my excel file. There are 300 data or so and my boss need to draw 15nos of names. My questions are:

1) How can I create a random name generator for the lucky draw game with no duplicate? (no duplicate means each name only appear once only)

2) Before the lucky draw, how can I show the cell in blank or something no meanings words? It is a public event and the screen will be show to all audience, so I prefer the cell is blank or something no meanings words such as thank you or happy new year...

I would be grateful if you would give me some input. Thanks

Here's an example to get you going.

After getting list of names, you use RAND and RANK functions to randomly determine who will win. After that, depends a bit on how you want to go. This is how you make a random list with no duplicates.

In the attached, every time you make a change/recalculate, a new list is determined. I set it sow that you can change H2 to TRUE, and names will be displayed.

Attachments

• Random Picks.xlsx
    11.9 KB · Views: 163
Here's an example to get you going.

After getting list of names, you use RAND and RANK functions to randomly determine who will win. After that, depends a bit on how you want to go. This is how you make a random list with no duplicates.

In the attached, every time you make a change/recalculate, a new list is determined. I set it sow that you can change H2 to TRUE, and names will be displayed.
Thanks Luke M
It works a treat
Million Thanks

Back