• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Copy Data if the Date Matches to Another Workbook

Kate Borders

Hello!

I've searched through a lot of threads, and haven't been able to find what I'm looking for, but I apologize if this has been asked before. Also, I'm not the best at coding, so just be aware.

I would like to have something that will look at the "Date Samples Started" (Column X) of the general workbook, compare that date to the date listed in cell A13 of the new workbook, and then copy the "Sample Number" (Column W)- if it has the same date associated with it- to the new workbook, between cells C9:C46. Please let me know if that's not clear.

I greatly appreciate your help!

Oh, sure!

I'd like to take the info from Book2 to DataFillBook.

Also, I'd really appreciate if whoever helps me to explain how/why they do it this way. I've tried a bunch of code the past eight hours, and I'm obviously missing something.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Book2_CHANDOO.xlsm
    17.5 KB · Views: 2
  • DataFillBook_CHANDOO.xlsm
    16.7 KB · Views: 2
Oh, sure!

I'd like to take the info from Book2 to DataFillBook.

Also, I'd really appreciate if whoever helps me to explain how/why they do it this way. I've tried a bunch of code the past eight hours, and I'm obviously missing something.

Thank you!

Kate Borders,
I included my commentary in the workbook I uploaded. Let me know if I've left any questions unanswered.

Attachments

• DataFillBook_CHANDOO.xlsm
    20.9 KB · Views: 14
That works beautifully! Thank you very much for your comments on it, too. That definitely puts it all into perspective.

Thanks, again!

Back