• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Convert Excel to Web and Feeding the Row Data

Camilo Amarcy

Hi Chandoo's Friends,

I come again with a scenario:

1) I have a dashboard that everyday requires new information updated by the row data on a differente sheet.

2) Currently the dashboard file is the same for the row data file.

3) Every day I need to send the dashboard file to my manager, so he can play with the dashboard and see who the company is working.

Problems:

A) My manager what to share the same file with other managers, so now I need to send the file for more people.

B) As the days are passing, the file is growing because the row data is growing. So now I have a file with 5 MB (in January was with 2MB).

C) My email limitation only allow me to send up to 5 MB in the attachment (so soon I wount be able to share the file by email).

Non-Valid Solutions:

a) I cannot create hyperlinks on the Dashboard file to another file because is sensitive data and users must not be able to see the row file.

b) Some times the network of the company is not available and the links could be broken

My vision (just dont know how to apply):

- I would like to have the integration between excel and web interface.

/Camilo

Hi, Camilo Amarcy!

Suggestions to problems:
a) Upload it to a cloud service like DropBox and share the link
b) I hope it won't pass 2Gb
c) if a) isn't valid, upgrade your email service or use any web based where you have 20Mb or more

Comments to non-valid solutions:
a) No comments
b) If the file is in DropBox or so, no problem

Regards!

The company does not allow dropbox or any kind of external application.

I would like to have an excel solution.

Maybe: convert excel to HTML and then feed the HTML (is that possible)

Basically convert the dashboard to webinterface (inside the company domain) and then feed the excel in the web.

Hi, Camilo Amarcy!

So your file grows, it exceeds your email attachment limit, you can't use another web mail service nor cloud storage service, your network isn't always available, and your're not allowed to use any alternative.

With all those restrictions if I were you I'd formally ask the IT support team how do they suggest to proceed to achieve your goal. If something positive arises then might have the solution, otherwise I'd forward the IT guys response to my manager and to the IT manager.

And about the Caspio service, have you yet signed for a free trial? If so, is it suitable for your job?

Regards!

Back