• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Consolidate data/Pivot from multiple tables

momcaro

I am using Excel 2013. I have done some research on consolidating tables in a pivot, but I don't think it applies to what I'm trying to accomplish (no relations between my tables).
I have 3 different tables of issues/tickets coming from 3 different sources. There are a couple of common fields I would like to run a pivot on (such as open date, priority).
I do not want to consolidate the data into one table.
Is there a way to have a pivot to count tickets for all 3 tables by open date and priority? (I can manually count using formulas, but was wondering if pivot was an option)
Thank you,
Caroline

Hmm... I have read this article, but I must be missing a step. I add my tables to a data model, but it's when I want to create the pivot that things go wrong. When I add the [open date] field, I have to add it from all 3 tables. How do I tell Excel to grab data from all 3 tables, into one field? Relationship doesn't work because there are duplicates (dates are not unique identifiers)...

I have found a workaround by consolidating the 3 into one tab (using index match and the numbers -not shown in the attached), but I am still interested to know if it's possible to pivot 2+ tables at once.
Thank you!

Attachments

• test.xlsx
    10.3 KB · Views: 1
Back