• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Conditional Formatting In 2013 Excel Graphs

OHDookie

Hi.

Looking for a way to automatically do conditional formatting performed on data points within 2013 Excel graphs. Please see picture and the attached spreadsheet. :)

I do this manually now,:( but have a big project that would make this efficient.:cool:

The Excel spreadsheet (attached) shows a team's season and plots the scores and outcome (Win, Loss Tie). When there is a loss, I want it to automatically plot the data point as a red circle. Win is shown as black diamond. A tie would be a purple square.

The scores are also plotted.

How can this be done?

I would appreciate your expertise and help! (Have spent a couple of hours researching this but did not find anything!)

SPC_Example.jpg

Attachments

• Chandoo_example.xlsx
    141.6 KB · Views: 4
Thanks, Hui, for sending this.

With my initial review, I don't understand how this article applies to the issue. Below is a table showing the data within the attached Excel file.

Unless mistaken, there would be 2 dynamic variables that I would like to plot. The first (easier) is the Team's Point from each game. That is the "primary" variable.

The second, outcome (win, loss, tie) is what I want to have plotted automatically via Excel 2013.

Currently, once the team's points a plotted, I need to adjust the outcome a secondary (let's say loss) from the primary outcome that Excel would automatically generate (win).

I hope this makes sense.

Looking forward to thoughts/comments/suggestions.

Thanks!

Dave

DayDateOutcomeTeam's Points
Thu7-SepW23
Sun17-SepW31
Sun24-SepW27
Sun1-OctL0
Thu5-OctW33
Sun15-OctW35
Sun22-OctW27
Sun29-OctW41
Sun5-NovBye
Sun12-NovL24
Sun19-NovW30
Sun26-NovW22
Sun3-DecW26
Mon11-DecW30
Sun17-DecW16
Sun24-DecW41
Sun31-DecW35

Exactly like this:
upload_2017-8-16_22-31-35.png

or see the attached file:

Attachments

• Team scores.xlsx
    13.4 KB · Views: 2
Yes, Hui!

Your second "rendering" is EXACTLY what I am doing...and so much easier with it automated!

I do place semi-transparent, colored rectangles over the bands, too, which I think makes it pop out a bit more.

Thank you so much!

Have you used these zone charts before? How successful have they been?

Back