• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Conditional formatting does not refresh

AntoPath

Hi all !
I am experiencing an annoying problem with an old and rather uncomplicated sheet originally developed in Excel 2003 with conditional formatting. The screen doesn't refresh in Excel 2010 and the cells dont't format immediately as soon as data have been entered.
To make the cells underlined or coloured, I have to force the refresh or "redraw" the screen by scrolling down, then scrolling back up or closing and opening the file again.
What is happening ? Has the file got corrupted ? What am I doing wrong ?
Many many thanks

Dear AntoPath,

Is file still in Excel 2003 version? have you tried it saving it as Excel 2010 file? I think that should resolve the issue.

Dear Faseeh the Excel 2003 file works fine in Excel 2010, but the version saved in 2010 format seems irrimediably bugged. I can't understand why, but the problem, after havig tried to fix it in several ways in 2010, still persists.
Have you ever come across such issue ?

The problem seems to affect some Excel 97-2003 files opened in compatibility mode in Excel 2007-2010. The topic has been discussed in some forums, but the solution so far proposed, hasn't worked in my case.
Everythig has gone fine after I have cancelled the formatting conditions in the cells and copy-pasted the formulas again without the absolute $ symbol, from the notepad.
I must admit: the procedure has been more akin to a ritual than a thoughtful procedure, but now everything is ok.
Thanks for your help

Back