• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Charts Disappearing Randomly

drewmiller

Using Excel 2010 on Windows XP Pro. I have my data (formatted as a table) in one file with my charts in another. Whenever I switch programs, look at another excel file, another worksheet, scroll to the bottom of the page (basically any action where I'm not looking directly at the chart), the chart disappears or only shows certain portions of it.

Example 1: I need to email a co-worker and switch over to outlook. When I return to my charts, they are gone, poof, vanished.

Example 2: The charts look great, but I need to format the chart area. The format chart area box appears, I make my change and click ok, then the charts only show the portion that was not covered by the format chart area box.

For any instance when they disappear, if I click anywhere where the chart is supposed to be, it will reappear in its correct form.

Appreciate any help!
-dm

Hi, drewmiller!

As a new user you might want to (I'd say should and must) read this despite you've yet introduced yourself:
http://chandoo.org/forum/forums/new-users-please-start-here.14/

And regarding your issue, consider uploading sample files (including manual examples of desired output if applicable), it'd be very useful for those who read this and might be able to help you, relieving the contributor of having to build a test file, if necessary. Thank you.

Regards!

Back