• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Chandoo's Interactive Pivot Calendar Help

Taylor

Hello,

I am creating a deployment calendar for work and I used the Interactive Pivot Calendar as my starting point. I love that I can have all months displayed on one page. My problem is, I need to have tasks for the individual days linking to the calendar. I added a new column on the sheet where the pivot table is but cannot figure out a formula to correctly match up the dates and tasks.

Please let me know if this is possible.
Thanks!
Taylor

Hi Taylor ,

If you are referring to a paid-for product of Chandoo's , please get in touch with me on narayank1026 [at] gmail [dot] com.

If it is a free download , please post the download link , or a link to the blog post where this can be found.

Narayan

Hi Taylor ,

How exactly do you want the tasks to appear on the calendar ?

Will there be only one task on any date ? Or can there be more than one task on any date ?

The calendar itself is directly from a pivot table ; combining text from a different location in the worksheet with the data from a pivot table is cumbersome to say the least , and I don't see what purpose is served by this ; a standard calendar , which Chandoo has several examples of can much more easily be used as an event calendar.

Narayan

Narayan,

I have attached what I have done with the calendar template. I have broken up the individual days in two sections. One to be populated with the dates from the pivot table and the other to be populated by the tasks. There will most likely just be one task on each day, if there is two they can be on the same line or wrap onto the next.

Thanks!
Taylor

Attachments

• Calendar.xlsm
    84.3 KB · Views: 11
Hi Taylor ,

Sorry for the delay.

See the file ; I have put in the formulae for a few cells. You can copy them to the remaining cells.

There is a problem if you do not have the exact range for the calendar ; see the first few dates of January , if you select the range for the pivot table as :

Guide!$A$3:$G$370

vs.

Guide!$A$3:$G$368

Narayan

Attachments

• Calendar (1).xlsm
    85.4 KB · Views: 10
Hi Narayan,

I was wondering where I went wrong with the January dates. This is perfect, thank you so much for your help!!

Back