• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Cell format change to date without a reason

Nir Robinson

Hi all,

From time to time I met a problem that all my cells format in became a date format.

How can I eliminate that problem.

Thanks in advanced.

Nir

Hi all,

From time to time I met a problem that all my cells format in became a date format.

How can I eliminate that problem.

Thanks in advanced.

Nir
Hi,

What are you entering into the cell that becomes a date? Often Excel will try and be helpful and if what you're entering looks like a date, for example 25/12 then Excel will convert that to a date by adding the current year.

You can stop Excel doing this by formatting the cell as text before you enter your data.

I enter regular number e.g. 1000.
Mostly before the problem occur the cell look just fine. When I save the workbook and came back tomorrow I see the cell with the number 1000 shows as 26/09/1902

I enter regular number e.g. 1000.
Mostly before the problem occur the cell look just fine. When I save the workbook and came back tomorrow I see the cell with the number 1000 shows as 26/09/1902
Hi,

That means something is changing the format of the cell because the number 1000 formatted as a date is 26 Sep 1902.

Do you have any VBA code in the workbook? Can you upload a copy of the workbook that displays this behaviour?

hello
hare the file plz check and give some solution.

Attachments

• eBay Daily Sale Report December - 2014 -1.xlsx
    460.8 KB · Views: 3
hello
hare the file plz check and give some solution.

Hi Mustaqeem,
Welcome to forum...

Can you specify what you are looking for?
Qty Columns having date, and you want to change it to number?

If you want to change the format of qty column, select the range and press Ctrl+Shift+1 or Ctrl+Shift+~

Is it continuous in your sheet while reopening?

hi khalid
thanks 4 reply i want to change my file format in qty in number and sale in accounting format, i change many time but when i save the file its again chane the format in date

hi khalid
thanks 4 reply i want to change my file format in qty in number and sale in accounting format, i change many time but when i save the file its again chane the format in date

I am using 2007, i tried changing formates to numbers and re-open many times, there is no issue at my end.

have a look at the link @Faseeh share above.

@MUSTAQEEM and Khalid,

Actually i have had the same issue of numbers turning into dates but that happens randomly, means when will it happen can not be predicted. I Googled the issue and found it a bug. so left it as it is.

@MUSTAQEEM and Khalid,

Actually i have had the same issue of numbers turning into dates but that happens randomly, means when will it happen can not be predicted. I Googled the issue and found it a bug. so left it as it is.

Faseeh bhai it means that the solution is "we have to move forward to later versions".

Hi ,

It is a bug for which , so far , Microsoft has not given a solution ; however , you can always go back to the Normal format of General by using the steps described by Ron Coderre in the link Faseeh has posted.

Narayan

Back