• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Calculating/re-calculating differences between data between dates

###

Hi all,

I have created a spreadsheet to log usage count for three printers.I need to be able to calculate the changes from reading to reading (one day a week to the next)and based on a per printer page cost for colour and mono, the cost.I have attached the file.

Many many thanks

Attachments

• Printers\' page count.xlsx
    9.7 KB · Views: 2
Thank you Narayan,

I have added some readings on the sheet

Thank you

Attachments

• Printers\' page count2.xlsx
    9.9 KB · Views: 3
Hi ,

I am not able to understand the numbers ; can you explain ?

For instance , if we take the first printer , the numbers in the column labelled Mono , which I assume is B & W , are :

10/1/2014 - 33974
10/8/2014 - 37123
10/15/2014 - 31231

Can you explain what outputs you are expecting from these 3 numbers ?

I assume that the same calculations can be applied to the numbers in the remaining columns.

Narayan

No worries Narayan I will Explain:

What the numbers are:

Page pages printed in colour and B&W (mono) from each of the 4 printers (so yes your assumption is correct about the numbers.

What I wish to do with the numbers:

Calculations on an additional column or columns which would:
1- Calculate the difference in usage between each week (each dates) and colour code it if possible to indicate an increase or decrease. If possible for this to be separated per printer per type of print (mono & colour)

Please let me know if I can give further explanation

Please let me know if am asking too much

Many thanks

Hi ,

OK. So what you are looking for is just a week-on-week change.

I was confused by your mention of per page cost ; these cannot come from the data that you have in your file.

Narayan

Oh, I will try and determine the cost per page printed in colour and mono then I will incorporate that into the spreadsheet somehow. At least this is what am trying to do

Again,many thanks in advance for any help you will come up with

Joseph

Hi Joseph ,

Sorry , but I could not spend much time on your task ; is this going in the right direction ?

Narayan

Attachments

• Printers\' page count2.xlsx
    16.7 KB · Views: 3
Hi Narayan,

Am very grateful for this, you have done more than enough,thanks. I will now look at this and try to follow and extend it to the rest of the project

Many thanks again

Hi Narayan,

So to calculate changes from page count reading to page count reading, is there a formula I can use or do I need to change the layout of this table for such a formula to work

Back