• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Any Way to find out these no's automaticly from server?

udprocks

Hallo Dear Ninja;s.

Is there any way ? for find out the mobile no recordings which is mention in excel sheet and the recordings are store on a server, if possible plz help.

thank you.

I'm afriad you'll need to give a lot more information than that in order for us to help you. All I can deduce is that you have some info on a server... :(

Thank you for reply dear,

Actuly what i want here , i have data of numbers which recordings available on a perticular server and i go there and search with phone no and then find that recording and save that recording in new folder, what i want here if is possible we find that excel sheets all no's recording in one move if its possible.

sample of no's i have attached and the recordings are like below on server ..

upload_2014-9-16_18-14-3.png

Attachments

• Recording data.xlsx
    8.7 KB · Views: 7
Hi,

you can use a command to do this

Go to run, type cmd and enter

In the command window type following and hit enter

CD D:/recorder/20140915 and hit enter

Now type the following

dir */b>filenames.xls

Now a new excel file will be available in the foler with all the file name

Hallo Satish sir,

thank you for ur reply but actualy file names means raw data i have in excel sheet already i just want to find all that recordings in once as per Raw data. from server . If possible,.

You mean to say that you need to copy the 44 recordings(as per you excel sheet) to a new folder?

If so you can create a .bat file and achieve this

Provide the list of file names to be found (full file name with extention) and I will provide you with the .bat file

Last edited:
Hallo Sir, Good morning

Greetings of the day!!!!!!!!!!

the numbers are change with date, below showing screen with red highlited..

1- copy number from excel

2- paste in search option that perticular folder for recording

3- copy that recording and paste in new folder

this is the step which i do for it, i need this solution ,, if possible.

upload_2014-9-17_9-18-57.png

Hi,

1) Is all the recordings are in a single folder or in different folders
2) Do the file names follow a particular pattern/format

hallo sir,

1- Yes recordings are in single folder

2- In excel sheet that is a 10 digit number only and in server that is other format name like which i have highlited in upper image.

Hi,

I have attached a text file. Open the text file and save it as "Copy to.bat" in your server where all the recordings are stored

Now close the file and in your server just double click the save bat file

The files with the mobile numbers you have mentioned in the excel attached in your 1st post will be copied to your destination folder

Attachments

• Copy to.txt
    5.7 KB · Views: 5
Hi,

I have attached a text file. Open the text file and save it as "Copy to.bat" in your server where all the recordings are stored

Now close the file and in your server just double click the save bat file

The files with the mobile numbers you have mentioned in the excel attached in your 1st post will be copied to your destination folder

Hallo sir,

Thanks a lot , graet solution from your side i realy appericiate your response,

again thanks a for solution sir.

ANd sir in this there is one thing in server the recordings are available like below name "M-20140916-155733-017-O-0085-008006648572--S"

and in this the recording name only this highlited ten numbers that i want only but with bat file which u have provided to me its keeping all names in output it is possible ? remove rest names except only that excel sheet ten digits name.

I have thought of it

We do have a batch file to do this

Before that I need a clarification whether ther will be duplications i.e. Will there be more than one recording files with same mobile number

I have thought of it

We do have a batch file to do this

Before that I need a clarification whether ther will be duplications i.e. Will there be more than one recording files with same mobile number

Thank you sir,

yes you are correct there is duplicate numbers which i want to keep with numbering like for exp. 1234567890, 1234567890(1), 1234567890(2)

Hi,

I have attached a text file. Open the text file and save it as "Rename.bat" in your destination folder where the files are copied

Now close the file just double click the save bat file

Files will be renamed

Note: Duplicates will not allowed, hence where ever there are more than 1 file with same mobile number, only one of the file will get renamed remaining will have the existing name only

Attachments

• Rename.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 4
Hi,

I have attached a text file. Open the text file and save it as "Rename.bat" in your destination folder where the files are copied

Now close the file just double click the save bat file

Files will be renamed

Note: Duplicates will not allowed, hence where ever there are more than 1 file with same mobile number, only one of the file will get renamed remaining will have the existing name only

Really its very helpfull sir,

i dont know how can i say thaks to you......

thank you a lot,, and my best wishes always with u...

thanks again its realy working .....

sir,

i know i am asking lot of question to you , but in this solution i have a single query when i have applying this method..

query:- can i create a notepad for bat file of recording numbers which is mention in excel sheet with that bat format which u have provide me for finding the numbers .. Means (copy to.txt) format, because i have different numbers with different dates.

Attachments

• Recording data.xlsx
    9.3 KB · Views: 3
Hi,

Each line of the command is same except the mobile numbers

In your excel file use a concatenate function to create such commands, copy it to a notepad and save it as .bat file

Hi,

Each line of the command is same except the mobile numbers

In your excel file use a concatenate function to create such commands, copy it to a notepad and save it as .bat file

You are awesome sir,

thank you for whole solution, i am realy happy and very nice to meet you sir,

thank you a lot.

Back