• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Accrual calculation

ushaanu

hi All,

I have one monthly revenue sheet in with the Accrual can any one help on this to understand the calculation for the same .

Thanks
Anu

Attachments

• sample calculation.xlsx
    8.7 KB · Views: 11
Hi Anu ,

The only calculation I can readily understand is that the Qty column is the Amount column divided by the Rate column !

All the other calculations are to do with date intervals , but none of the standard calculations is matching exactly ; I tried using intervals between April 1, 2014 and December 1, 2014 with a 360 day base , but it does not match exactly.

If you are looking for accuracy , then probably more data will help.

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

thank for reply,
in my data my closing date are Like

Nov=27
Dec=26
jan=28

Accrual Dec-14 -- is Billed Dec
and Accrual Jan-15 is Billed Jan

but I dn`t get the calculation of Accrual Prorated Dec-14 & Accrual Prorated Jan-15.

thanks

Anu

Hi:

May be something like this.

Thanks

Attachments

• sample calculation.xlsx
    9.2 KB · Views: 2
Hi Anu ,

The only calculation I can readily understand is that the Qty column is the Amount column divided by the Rate column !

All the other calculations are to do with date intervals , but none of the standard calculations is matching exactly ; I tried using intervals between April 1, 2014 and December 1, 2014 with a 360 day base , but it does not match exactly.

If you are looking for accuracy , then probably more data will help.

Narayan

Hi:

May be something like this.

Thanks
Hi Nebu ,
Thank A lot
actually I have data avlb is only
Accrual Dec-14

Billed Revenue-dec
Accrual Jan-15

only now I need
value of

Accrual Prorated Dec-14
Accrual Prorated Jan-15

thanks
Anu

Attachments

• Copy of sample calculation.xlsx
    9.4 KB · Views: 5
Hi:

If I understand correctly there are 33 days in your month of Jan as per the closing date of 26th December and 28th January.Your billed qty is 4932 as of 12th Dec and you accrued a qty of 1147(6079- 4932) from 12th Dec to Jan 22nd. As per my understanding the qty that is accrued between 12th Dec and 26th Dec belongs to the month of Dec and the rest belongs to the month of Jan and this how you what to allocate.If this is not the case please elaborate on the logic on the basis of which you got your numbers.

Thanks

Back