• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

A macro command to reposition data tables?

DAGUET

Hello

here is another challenge (at least for me) : my master students submitted to me this problem : they retrieve data from Bloomberg to feed an excel spreadsheet. this data is in the form of tables whose dimensions are always the same (8 columnsx 6rows).

The tables are lined up automatically next to other in line (an there are quite a few of those....). What they would like to achieve is once retrieved, the data is then repositioned and piled up one on the other (as the attached spreadsheet shows....). Currently they do it manually which is a tedious task. I tried to solve their problem through loop or even transpose the data (without success).

I turn to this highly skilled community who already solved my problems to askj : would you know any way to get piled up this data tables once retrieved from Bloomberg (this means a macro command would instruct to select a table (always of the same dimension) copy (or cut) and paste it immediately below the last one that was piled up and repeat this as many time as a table exists on the right hand side.

Your help much appreciated

Best Regards

Attachments

• sample table.xlsx
    22.1 KB · Views: 0
Please see the attached file

there is a Shift Data button just below the data
Press that for a good time.

Attachments

• sample table.xlsm
    27.9 KB · Views: 1

Hi !

Why not downloading tables in right output ?!

Any Bloomberg data source link ? …

Back