• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

[2013] Pivot Table Slicer - display only select values in the slicer

excellion

I have a pivot table with large data set (90,000+ rows) and 50 columns, there is one column = 'Application name' which I want to be inserted/added as a slicer. Obviously with such a huge data set, I do not want all the application names to be listed/displayed in the slicer on the final pivot view (which I plan to link further to Pivot chart - Chandoo's Master class template). So, I wish to see only 10 application names in the slicer and the remaining values should be hidden ( I do not wish to display the remaining 'application name' values in the slicer bar).

Is there a simple way to achieve this with or without VBA code. (Note: I do not want to overwrite the source data (application name) as this is enterprise data, and may need to select more application names in the future)

I don't think what you are looking for is possible with slicer alone, without trimming source data (you can keep original intact by using Advanced Filter, but it will require small VBA code).

If you have access to PowerQuery, it can be done via filtering data within the query (keeping source data intact).

M function will store transformation steps and you can easily revert/modify to add or remove filters.

You can then load the query to Data Model and use that to build your Pivot and slicer.

See attached for sample.

Attachments

• Filter_PowerQuery_Slicer.xlsb
    157.3 KB · Views: 4
Back