• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

I have macro i want advance to do this macro

Abhijeet

Hi

I have Hyper link macro goes in that cell with help of arrow key then that file should be open i want if i goes in A1 cell then that file open then in goes in A2 cell then i want in B1 cell update Done or Completed message or A1 cell color has been change to green.Please help me in this

(Edit by Luke M)
The uploaded file is VB password protected, and contains a Worksheet_SelectionChange event macro

Attachments

• Hyper.xlsm
    23.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
The uploaded file has no hyperlinks currently shown, and the VBA is password protected. :(
Please upload a new file with VB unprotected, and example hyperlinks.

Hi Luke this macro is u given few changes are done by my friend & right now i do not know the password of VBA.U can run this macro any files macro gives hyperlink & then go with arrow key in particular cell just check how this will work

1. I do not run macros on my machine when I can't see the code. Too much of a security risk
2. I can't edit the macro to make the changes you requested.

So, with no actual data in the workbook, no access to the macro, and a vague description of what you want, we're supposed to write a macro?? :rolleyes::confused:o_O

Hi All,
Here is his macro with VBA unlocked.
Cheers!

Attachments

• Hyper Password Removed.xlsm
    25.3 KB · Views: 7
Thanks rumshar.
Abhijeet, you did not mention anything about the SelectionChange event macro already in your workbook. Now I'm glad I had access to the macros before doing anything. :(

I've removed the offending macro, modified the one that was creating hyperlinks, and added a FollowHyperlinks event macro to do what you asked.
In the future, you should warn people about event macros.

Attachments

• Hyper Corrected.xlsm
    22.4 KB · Views: 4
Hi Luke M
While useing this macro error message show.In VBA this line show error Range(Target.ScreenTip).Offset(1, 0).Select.Please tell me how to avoid this

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Error1.jpg
    Error1.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 4
Hi Narayan
Every time Microsoft security Notice This location may be unsafe i want avoid this message please tell me

Narayan tell me these 2 code i want run
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
Dim str As String
Dim strExtn As String
Dim myShell As Shell
Dim lastcol As Long

Dim strpath As String

lastcol = Range("IV1").End(xlToLeft).Column
Set Rng = Range("IV1").End(xlToLeft)
Set myShell = New Shell

If Target.Column = lastcol Then
    If Target.Rows.Value <> "" Then
        strpath = Range("IV2").Value
        strExtn = LCase(Right(Target.Value, 4))
        Shell "CMD.EXE /C START """" """ & strpath & Target & """"
    End If
End If
End Sub

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink)
            Range(Target.ScreenTip).Offset(0, 1).Value = "DONE"
            ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate
            ActiveSheet.Range(Target.ScreenTip).Offset(1, 0).Select
End Sub

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Abhijeet!
Whenever you post code, you should embed it within proper tags to preserve indentation and spacing, as it's displayed just above the reply text box in this page used for posting comments. Or using the related icon from the ribbon toolbar, 5th from the right excluding the last and separated one.
Regards!

Hi Abhijeet ,

Please explain the purpose behind running these 2 macros ; what is the first one for , and what is the second one for ?

Narayan

1st macro is for without click only go in that cell by arrow key then open that hyperlink
2nd macro is for showing Done message
please tell me how to do this 2 macro run at time

Hi
I want in this file Conditional formatting in Column B i want to add this in macro

Attachments

• New Narayan hyper file.xlsm
    23.8 KB · Views: 0
If you use ClearContents in the Hyperlink building macro, instead of Clear, you won't destroy your conditional formatting. Then you could just setup the conditional formatting yourself manually before running the macro, and neither you nor the macro would ever have to worry about it again.

Back