• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Data validation

webmax

Hi

Please find the attached file. i have list of user type and owner name details in the single dump file.

if i select the user type as retailer and in the next column only the retailer name will come
if i select the user type as Distributor the next column only the Distributor name will come

By using data validation kindly do the needful

Regards
Shahul

Attachments

• DATAVALIDATION.xlsx
    8.2 KB · Views: 6
Hi Shahul ,

You will need to have separate helper columns to isolate the different usertypes ; your example shows 3 usertypes viz. Retailer , DistrictDistributor and SubdistDistributor ; will there be more usertypes ? If so , what is the maximum number of usertypes possible ?

Narayan

Hi Shahul ,

See your file.

The problem is that you cannot use the INDIRECT function with dynamic ranges ; thus I have created the named range Retailer as a static named range ; this works. The other named ranges Admin , DistrictDistributor ,... are all dynamic at present ; you will have to change their definitions to be static for them to work.

Narayan

Attachments

• DATAVALIDATION.xlsx
    10.6 KB · Views: 5
Hi Shahul ,

Let your list consist of a million items , how does it matter ? All you need to do is enter the formulae in 5 columns for the 5 different usertypes ; Excel will do the rest.

If you do not wish to do this , then VBA is the answer ; code can do what you find it difficult to do manually.

Narayan

Back