• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pivot Chart arrangement needed

rini

Hi there,
I am trying to represent detailed datewise performance for a month in 2017 for same time 2016.
I am not able to create them directly using pivot chart.
I have attached raw file in screenshot1 in the word file attached.
I have to create data for july 2016 and july 2017 individually as in screenshot 2 and 3.
And then in I have to combine them as in screenshot 4 to get the graphical view that I have represented.
I want dates on any one axis vs rev for 2016 and 2017 on other directly from a pivot chart. I also want to shade weekday and weekend with different color on the graph.

Please suggest how to do it directly from my raw file

Attachments

• dummy.docx
    269.7 KB · Views: 6
I would add a field to the original data which had the Month and Day
eg: =text(date field,"mmdd")
then simply use that as a grouping field in the pivot table

Posting real data is much more preferable to images and you will get a much more specific and targetted answer

Hi,
I tried what you shared but output doesn't help me.

Attachments

• dummy1.xlsx
    918.4 KB · Views: 3
You are so close

Change the Chart to a Bar Chart and change the fields as shown
upload_2017-7-19_21-42-2.png

or see attached file:

Attachments

• Copy of dummy1.xlsx
    898.3 KB · Views: 2
Sorry it doesn't help my team understand which date in a month this year vs last year gave us good business.
Kind of real dates ( not mmdd format as its confusing) on x axis and 2016/2017 rev represented on y axis in line chart format is what they want.

Do you have access to PowerPivot? If you do, this sort of analysis is exactly what it's meant to do.

If not, best method can vary depending on version of Excel.

Back