• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Graph for Electricity Consumption

Thomas Kuriakose

Dear All,

We need to create a chart for month wise, office wise electricity consumption amounts.

The months should be in one axis, the offices in another axis but they should be plotted fo each office individually.

upload_2015-4-1_22-5-32.png

Please find attached the data for this.

Kindly help in plotting this chart.

thanks,

with regards,
thomas

Attachments

• Graph.xlsx
    13.2 KB · Views: 0
Dear Luke,

Thank you so much for he solution provided, but I am not able to understand anything. This is very complex for me.

kindly help in understanding this.

thanks,

with regards,
thomas

Hi Thomas,

In the attached file, I have taken your data and put in what is called a panel chart. A panel chart is a single chart object, but which breaks up the y or x axis into multiple "panes", where each series is plotted separately. There's a bit of math involved, as you are having to recalculate where each data point should belong.

To use, you would input values in the yellow shaded cells. Reading through the tutorial on Jon's site will help a little understanding what math process is involved.

If I've completely missed the mark in understanding what type of chart you want, please let me know and clarify what you would like to see (that is different from the panel chart).

Dear Luke,

Thank you so much for this information. This is exactly what we needed.

I will go through Jon's site and come back to you for any clarifications.

Thanks once again.

with regards,
thomas

Back