• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Tricky problem of COUNTIF

Hey friends,

Please find the file attached which on sheet 1 shows sample data. In the summary sheet i want to capture the count of patient names for a particular date. Ex. for Jan 1st for user Sam 7 patients etc. I cannot use a pivot since the data of each user will be placed in a different sheet of common shared file. The count will show their productivity for that particular day. i have tried countif but didnt work.
i want excel to capture of patient names for a particular date from the date row in a separate summary sheet.
Any help will be relieving, thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• sample data.xlsx
    10.8 KB · Views: 6
With example data, I don't even see Jan 1 listed, so I'm not sure why Sam would have a count of 7??

As you described it, the formula in cell D7 of summary sheet would be:
=COUNTIFS(Table2[date],[@date],Table2[[user ]],D$6)

Hey friends,

Please find the file attached which on sheet 1 shows sample data. In the summary sheet i want to capture the count of patient names for a particular date. Ex. for Jan 1st for user Sam 7 patients etc. I cannot use a pivot since the data of each user will be placed in a different sheet of common shared file. The count will show their productivity for that particular day. i have tried countif but didnt work.
i want excel to capture of patient names for a particular date from the date row in a separate summary sheet.
Any help will be relieving, thanks in advance!!
Hi,

I don't see how you get 7 patients for Sam on 1 jan. For the dates listed on the Summary sheet there are only 13 patients seen in total. Have a look at your workbook.

Attachments

• sample data.xlsx
    12.1 KB · Views: 3
thank you luke!
you are right jan 1st in not on the list. i suppose i didn't look at the sample data sheet when typing the example in the post though i wanted the reader to clearly understand the scenario.

thank you mike!
you are right jan 1st in not on the list. i suppose i didn't look at the sample data sheet when typing the example in the post though i wanted the reader to clearly understand the scenario.

Back