• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA Macros moving columns and saving special values

PrettyMess

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this but it wouldnt let me post in the macro category so here goes...I am new to this whole VBA programming and am struggling a bit with getting my spreadsheet to do what I want it to do.

this question has two parts...
I have created a spreadhseet that needs to be updated on a monthly basis...
First question - I would need the previous months formula brought accross to the new column e.g. From January into February
Second question - I would need to save the previous months figures saved as special values e.g. If I am in month March I would need to paste Februarys figures in a special values
I have tried recording this in macros but I think I may need to include an offset but I'm not too sure how to go about getting it to reference a new column each time to move on by one or back by one.
If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

P.s I have uploaded a file as this may be easier than my attempt to explain.

-----
Mod Edit: Thread moved to Macro forum for you. :)

Attachments

• Index Match2.xlsm
    24.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi:

The data you have shared is not sufficient to do what you have asked in OP, but the coding is relatively easy to do. Could you share an exact replica of your originals.

Thanks

Back