• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

IF(OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH Help Request

dparteka

I’m using the formula below that works well; I’ve been unsuccessfully trying to slightly alter it. I’m looking for the whole formula which resides in J42 to do the following.

If F42 has the text “Angle” then G42
If F42 has the text “Surface Finish” then G42/40
If F42 has anything other then the above text then G42*25.4

=IF(OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Surface Finish",F42)),ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Angle",F42))),G42,G42*25.4))

Hi,

I hope you would not have F42 with both Angle and Surface finish together.

here is what I suggest as formula:
=IF(IFERROR(SEARCH("Angle",F42),0)>0,G42,IF(IFERROR(SEARCH("Surface Finish",F42),0)>0,(G42/40),G42*25.4))

REgards,
Prasad DN

Hi there Prasad DN... thank you for the formula… "Angle" & "Surface Finish" never appear together in F42.

I'm a little embarrassed to say this but we are in the process of upgrading but are currently still using Excel 2003. Your formula returns a #NAME?, would it be possible to use ISERROR, I did try that but the formula has to many arguments... Dennis

SM... pretty cool, it works perfectly... maybe someday I'll be that smart... thank you so much, Dennis

Hi,
This simple one too:
=IF(F42="Angle",G42,IF(F42="Surface Finish",G42/40,G42*25.4))

But it will not search specific words between strings. e.g. if your text = abcdAngle...

Regards,

Back