• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Hello .. Introduce yourself

hi all

am a starter in excel and wanted to learn more. i hope this forum will help me for the same.

Hello all. I stumbled on this forum when i was searching for something related to the linest function. Now Im really bad at excel and while signing up for this forum i had to answer the captcha which was asking me all sorts of excel related question. Im so bad at excel that it took me 30 minutes and many tries to get a right answer for the question.Well, I guess i have kinda figured that I HAVE to learn excel.

Im basicaly looking for someone who can help me with polynomial fits to plot trends.

Hi,
My name is Joseph. I am from Nigeria. I am excel user and hope this forum will make help learn and also help others with problems in excel

Hi, greetings from Australia. I truly love this forum, which provides a lot of useful information for my research. :)

Hi All,

this is shyamal. I am new to this forum and very excited when i found it with people who must have put so much time to master the skill to various levels and now helps rookies like me. I learnt it the hard way and now have a voracious thirst to learn how to do reports charts and dashboards(this is new) in lesser time and with more accuracy. it will be fantastic to get prompt support from you guys. a big THANK YOU in Advance :)

Hi, I am new to the whole VBA style of programming and I have found this site to be very helpful with the information available. I work for a large public sector company in Northern Ireland and within my new role I am having to complete a lot more work in relation to macros which are very trying at times any help is always greatly appreciated.

Hi, my name is Jen. I'm from the US. This website has helped me a lot with Excel and I'm hoping the forum will be able to answer some questions I have that I was not able to locate articles for. Thanks.

Hi. I am currently a business analyst and use Excel literally, all day long. Previous to this I was a software trainer and among many applications, I taught Excel for 6 or 7 years. I love Excel - so much that I even have an "I love Excel" facebook page. As a matter of fact, I have enjoyed the content on this forum/website so much, I referenced it as an awesome resource.

I know a lot about Excel but it is amazing how much I don't know and can't wait to explore this site to learn even more!

Hi,

I came across the below code in Chandoo forums, the below code doesnt work for me. Any help please. I have attach sample file also.

Code:
Sub FilterExtract()

Sheets("Filter").Select
Range("A6").Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select
Selection.Clear

Sheets("RawData").Range("Table1[#All]").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, CriteriaRange:= _
Sheets("RawData").Range("J1:L2"), CopyToRange:=Sheets("Filter").Range("A6"), Unique:=True

Columns.AutoFit
Sheets("Filter").Range("A6").Select

End Sub

Attachments

• extract_data_using_advanced_filer_with_vba_Eg_source file-Working.xlsm
    55.7 KB · Views: 0
Hi I am vadi, I am happy to be part of this nice excel forum. working as Management information executive, looking for nice experience in this forum.

Hi. My name is Igor and I'm from Chicago, IL.
I work with Excel a lot and I hope joining this forum will help me to be more knowledgeable and efficient in what I do.
Thanks in advance to all helping experts around here.

Hey Guys this is Rammy :)

I found this forum is god sent gift to become awesome in excel stuff like VBA,advanced excel, dash boards.

Lets get in touch with each other to achieve every one's goals...

Hi, I have been reading Chandoo.org for a few years now and during that time have subscribed to the email newsletter and bought a few things. Now I'm a member of the forum too. I have always found this site very helpful. I use Excel every day at work and have some quite complex spreadsheets and am particularly fond of automation with vba.

Hello. I've been a long time follower of Chandoo, but never got into the forums (likely due to fear of being the least knowledgable of excel in here... silly, but likely what's going on in my head). Anyway, that's my intro.

One major project I'd like to complete is building a dashboard to help me manage my company's fleet of 100 company vehicles. Currently, it's a complete nightmare keeping track of what vehicles are out for service/repair, what are ready to go out in the field, what vehicle is issued to what employee, etc. I've wanted so badly to create a dashboard to help me with this, as well as provide reporting capabilities.

We'll see it goes. I have no clue where to even start, so wish me luck.

PS: If anyone has something like this and would be willing to let me use it, by all means, please send.

Take Care,
SammyV

Hi, everyone, Marty here.

I am a CIO at a credit union in Oklahoma (USA). I don't use Excel extensively, but I want to start using it more, and learning the true power of it.

Look forward to learning . . .

Hi,
Rahul here from Mumbai, India. Looking to learn lot more about VBA at this site and sign up for some related courses too.
Good Day.

Hi there,

My name's Josh I'm working as a Web Analyst for a large ecommerce business in the UK. I've been frequenting this website in the last 3 months added to my excel skills and really enjoy it here. I particularly like Chandoo's homework problems.

I get quite excited by Excel and it's as much of a hobby as it is a work tool - although when I tell people I'm going to go home and make a spread sheet for fun I get some weird looks - hopefully I'm around some like-minded people here!

That's me, hello everyone.

Josh

Hi, I am a IT proffessional with intermediate Excel skills - can do pivots, vlooksup and lil more.Looking further to learn more on vba and advanced fuctions which can help me more for my work.

Hi Guys,

My Name is Katlego (Katz) from South Africa. I work as an actuarial analyst for an insurance company. I use excel for a lot of the work I do and I would like help with vba in order make my work processes more efficient and less time consuming so I can focus more on the technical bits of my jobs.
I look forward to interacting with you guys and learning from you.:)

Hello everyone!

Came across this amazing website last year and have been using it ever since to vastly improve my excel skills.

Looking to further improve my excel workbooks and help my company out by developing useful tools and templates with excel.

Hello,

I'm a long-time Excel user, but rarely need to do anything beyond basic data crunching using formulas and pivot tables. I am now trying to use Excel as a project management tool, and would like to be able to modify the existing templates (just purchased) to generate summary data that is more useful than what is shown in the templates. Looking forward to learning more from the experts, as well as reading questions and responses from others like myself.

Hi all! I'm Ree (and yes, I love otters). I'm a documentation engineer and MS Office resource at a small company that makes items for electric utilities.

I wanted to ask advice of the groupmind. I was awarded an employee of the month award for an Excel budgetary project and would like to spend some of the resulting gift card on Excel resources. Currently I have 2010 but expect to get upgraded to 2013 in the near future. I enjoy working with pivot tables and regular formulas but am somewhat confused by array formulas, haven't touched PowerPivot yet and have used very little VBA. Does anyone have recommendations for books and/or authors?

Hi,
I am Fayyaz Malik from Pakistan. I work in a Forensic Science Agency.
Sometimes, I deal with a Huge Excel Data Sheets and certainly I need guidance most of the time.
Hope You people will help me.

Back