• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to password protect powerpivot workbook

mrzoogle

Hi everyone,

Hope this message finds you all well :)

I am trying to work out how I could password protect powerpivot/data model so that when I send my sheet to clients they won't be able to access the sensitive information in data model.

I could encrypt the sheet with password but then it won't work on SharePoint browser view.

Have anyone tried doing this before, would be great if you could advice me on how I could achieve this please.

Thanks for your time.

Kind Regards,

Zoogle.

I'm not sure the answer on this one. I think this feature is called "perspectives" though.

Hi everyone,

Hope this message finds you all well :)

I am trying to work out how I could password protect powerpivot/data model so that when I send my sheet to clients they won't be able to access the sensitive information in data model.

I could encrypt the sheet with password but then it won't work on SharePoint browser view.

Have anyone tried doing this before, would be great if you could advice me on how I could achieve this please.

Thanks for your time.

Kind Regards,

Zoogle.
Hi,

Excel password protection is not at all something on which you trust 100%. There are lots of software and add-in available which breaks it in few seconds only.

So my advise is not to sent sensitive information to clients, and send only those information which are necessary and need to know basis. One solution can be create a report and send them with no link on data.

Regards,

Back