• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Hello .. Introduce yourself

Hi All,

I'm Leonora working as Cost Controller.
I would like to enhance my knowledge in Excel, which I found Chandoo.org would be a great help.

Regards,
Leonora

Hello Everyone,

I am Stéphane , I am french and work in the internacional transport and logistics industry in Brazil.
Look forward to improve my excel skills by sharing and collaborating.

Hi All, I have joined this forum to get some shotcut in excel, to know some different formulas than the regular use. I also can share my knowledge with you.

Hello everyone! I'm Melissa from the US and I perform reporting analyst functions for my operations group. Looking for Excel and VBA tips and tricks to improve my skill set and I've been told this is the best place to go!

Hi,

I am an Excel wannabe, I had to take a course to finish up my degree that was all spreadsheet oriented, quantitative methods for management. After making it through the course I have tried to continue using Excel at work, for hobbies, , and for organizations I belong to, etc...

I m looking forward to learning and trying to help others using this website.

Sal

I am excited to see this forum as I have gotten a lot of great tips from master of EXCEL and look forward to learning more. Keep up the great work!

Attachments

• j0C83Zf.png
    j0C83Zf.png
    335.1 KB · Views: 0
hie,I am new to this page..
Basically i am learning excel from the past few days.I know the basic excel and its formulas.

Can any help me with Conditional formatting..I ahd heard it a lot many times..But dont know or understand what exactly it means

Greetings, after searching for intermediate to advanced excel tips, found this forum very lively, interesting and useful. Joined this forum to seek help and get answers when I get struck with something.

Hello Chandoo forum,

I took a Chandoo class several months ago and learned a lot about Excel. Hopefully my participation in this forum will continue my journey of learning Excel and helping other learn also.

Regards,
Jim

Hey yall! Havent had much luck on other forums so Im going to try this one out and see what happens....Seems like a good forum to go to. So far it looks like a good site and people are pretty satisfied. So here goes nothing!

Namskar,
Yogesh here from Aamchi Mumbai. Whenever stucked used to read healthy blogs from last 02 months & finally decided to join.
Hope you will surely guide me to create hyperlink when need to share the data with the entity which is not connected to share drives.

Hello! I'm new to the site, but a veteran Excel user.

I've been in Sales, Marketing, and Category Management with Coca-Cola for 27 years - and an Excel user for just as long. Currently, I'm an independent consultant . . . still with Coca-Cola after being 'reduced' nine years ago.

I found this site and received some great tips, and just posted my first question. As a consultant, and the resident 'Excel Wizard' (yes, they actually refer to me as such), I'm called upon to create dashboards, tools, and such in Excel that should be created in a myriad of other software, but our end users have access to Excel, have a basic knowledge of Excel, and therefore I'm limited to Excel.

Don't get me wrong, I adore Excel. However, often times, Access will perform the desired task in half the time - but the end user doesn't have the skillset, nor is the desire there to expand said skillset.

Rant is now over . . . and it does aid in keeping me in contract opportunities.

I look forward to forming some online friendships, maybe even adding some value along the way!

Hello! My name is Kelly and I, in Atlanta, GA.

I'm new to the site, but a veteran Excel user . . . every time I think I know sooo much, I realize just how much I do NOT know about Excel!

I've been in Sales, Marketing, and Category Management with Coca-Cola for 27 years - and an Excel user for just as long. Currently, I'm an independent consultant . . . still with Coca-Cola after being 'reduced' nine years ago.

I found this site and received some great tips, and just posted my first question. As a consultant, and the resident 'Excel Wizard' (yes, they actually refer to me as such), I'm called upon to create dashboards, tools, and such in Excel that should be created in a myriad of other software, but our end users have access to Excel, have a basic knowledge of Excel, and therefore I'm limited to Excel.

Don't get me wrong, I adore Excel. However, often times, Access will perform the desired task in half the time - but the end user doesn't have the skillset, nor is the desire there to expand said skillset.

Rant is now over . . . and it does aid in keeping me in contract opportunities.

I look forward to forming some online friendships, maybe even adding some value along the way!

Hello from Wales!
I have used excel for over 25 years as an IT trainer and realised I knew very little when I "stumbled" across this site - looking forward to learning more from real experts!

Hello, I've been using spreadsheets since Lotus123 and every now and again I come across something curly... so I thought I'd ask the gurus!

Just started Excel. Have 2007. Need help in debugging an IF formula.
=IF($D$27="aetna",(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(J22,Aetna[#Data],2,FALSE),"")))&IF($D$27="delta",(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(J22,Delta[#Data],2,FALSE),"")))

It's used to choose between two sets of data prices depending on which table is picked with a dropdown . It keeps putting the "FALSE" word at either the beginning or end of output, depending on which table was selected from dropdown.

Just started Excel. Have 2007. Need help in debugging an IF formula.
=IF($D$27="aetna",(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(J22,Aetna[#Data],2,FALSE),"")))&IF($D$27="delta",(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(J22,Delta[#Data],2,FALSE),"")))

It's used to choose between two sets of data prices depending on which table is picked with a dropdown . It keeps putting the "FALSE" word at either the beginning or end of output, depending on which table was selected from dropdown.

BobK
This is not an introduction!
Please post Excel question as new posts in the appropriate forums
Select a Forum at: http://chandoo.org/forum/
Then Post New Thread

Hi,

I just logged in to post a question:

I am preparing a Project (Micro) Management excel sheet where I would want the cell to turn out in the appropriate colour, when I type the colour name, for eg. when I type Yellow in A1, the B1 cell should automatically fill in with Yellow Colour and so on.

Can you help me how can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance,

Ganesh Manchi

Hi All,

I am Alwena living in Zimbabwe. Never had any formal training in Excel and as I needed to do something I would research etc and get going with my project. This again happened and I stumbled onto Chandoo's little gem of a site by accident. I found that his explanation of what I was looking for was the best I have seen for a long time. It also made me realise that I dont know as much as I thought I did.

Still working on the same project Chandoos explanation helped me with I decided to join the excel, dashboard and VBA classes. I find them very interesting and not boring!:DD

This forum is precisely what I was looking for.

AlwenaB

Greetings

Working in healthcare and trying to cut through MASSIVE amounts of data to capture useful data.

Studied CIS, but been years since working on functions and programming in Excel/VBA, so excuse DUMB questions.

Hi all,
Retired Commercial Construction Superintendent here, just started learning Excel 2007.
Looking forward to any help this forum can provide.

Back