• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Adding names to the v look up

Joeman187

Hi Chandoo,
Can you look at this dashboard I created involving statistics from my favorite baseball team from last year. In the Batting Dash tab, I have a v look up and a slicer connected to the batting statistics tab. I want to add players to it. I know I have to use the offset function but its not doing what I want it to do. I can't seem to get the player added. Also, if you can take a look at my chart, can I get that chart to coordinate with the top slicer? Thanks for your help. Joe, MI.

Attachments

• Detroit Dashboard.xlsx
    745.2 KB · Views: 13
Hi Joe,

Interesting dashboard.

Can you explain more with some examples what do you mean by "I want to add players to it" ????

Regards,

Somendra

If you add Players to the Batting Statistics Table
they aren't flowing through to the Batting Dash Sheet, either the Chart or the slicer on it's right

Hi ,

The simple fact is , and I think this has been pointed out before , there are too many tables and pivot tables all over the workbook.

The chart is connected to Pivot Table 9 ; Pivot Table 9 is connected to Table7 , which is on the tab named HR's By Month , not on the tab named Batting Statistics.

If you are doing data entry manually , it is in your own interest to have as few tables as possible , so that the chances of having inconsistent data is minimized.

If you do wish to have data redundancy , then to have it in a consistent manner in multiple places , do data entry using forms , and use code to transfer the entered data to all the right places , so that again there cannot be inconsistencies in your data.

Narayan

Hi Somendra,

What I mean is if you take a look at the player in the v look up its not corresponding to the players I added to the Batting Statistics table. I added Tyler Collins and Yoenis Cespedes to that table. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Detroit Dashboard.xlsx
    744.9 KB · Views: 1
Sure,

The Pivot table was not connected to batting statics tab. Kindly, see the source of pivot table in your original file.

Regards,

Back