• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

conditional date formatting

Hi ,

I have no idea ! No workbook can affect Excel options to this extent.

Can you copy the code alone , the Module , the ThisWorkbook section and the Sheet1 section code to a new workbook , and see if it works there ?

If it works there , then it is possible in some way this workbook has got corrupted ; let me know , and I'll upload another time.

Narayan
I just copied the ThisWorkbook section into a new workbook, again the same story.
if it's necessary to copy the code alone , the Module and the Sheet1 section code to a new workbook. so let me know where they actually are.

Hi ,

Try with this blank worksheet ; enter data in column D , and see if today's date appears in column DD.

If this too does not work , then I am afraid I have nothing more to suggest.

Narayan

Attachments

• Ramin_Empty.xlsm
    255.5 KB · Views: 2
Hi ,

Try with this blank worksheet ; enter data in column D , and see if today's date appears in column DD.

If this too does not work , then I am afraid I have nothing more to suggest.

Narayan
Kind Narayan,

I appreciate your kindness and great helps. I did what you want with this blank worksheet. unfortunately, the same problem yet exist. by entering data in column D,It changes to orange today's date wouldn't appear in column DD.
if any new idea occurred to your mind, please let me know.
Thank you buddy. :)

Hi ,

It is clear that the macro is not running ; why it is not running at your end , even when you have enabled macros , and especially when macros in other workbooks run , is a mystery to me.

Why don't you ask someone else to try with the empty workbook and see what the result is ?

Narayan

Hi ,

It is clear that the macro is not running ; why it is not running at your end , even when you have enabled macros , and especially when macros in other workbooks run , is a mystery to me.

Why don't you ask someone else to try with the empty workbook and see what the result is ?

Narayan
dear Narayan,
every step that failed, was tested immediately on another computer with an excel version of 2013, actually I got sure of the errors. but I'm doubtful, a few days ago when I was raising the security of this workbook, I may have enabled or disabled something which causes this situation. passwords were set and I think I've had some other settings. If anything occured to your mind, please let me know.
It should be not remained unsaid that previously this workbook was very old and I edited it to the current workbook.
Thank you Narayan.

dear Narayan,
every step that failed, was tested immediately on another computer with an excel version of 2013, actually I got sure of the errors. but I'm doubtful, a few days ago when I was raising the security of this workbook, I may have enabled or disabled something which causes this situation. passwords were set and I think I've had some other settings. If anything occured to your mind, please let me know.
It should be not remained unsaid that previously this workbook was very old and I edited it to the current workbook.
Thank you Narayan.

Narayan,
apart from what I told you in my last reply( over here,about testing on another computer), Now I got that in the first workbook that I uploaded for you, I typed

?Application.EnableEvents

and true was displayed. but from the moment you edited my file and uploaded it, I could see an Exclamation mark on the icon of all of your uploaded files. also whenever I typed in the immediate pane:

a window popped up to all of your uploaded files which always displayed:

The macros on this project are disabled.
while I had enabled all macros.

Note that in all of your workbooks, in the upper pane,this is displayed:

Global PrevValue As String.

while in the first workbook of mine uploaded for you, there is nothing to be displayed in there and in the immediate window after typing:

true, is displayed.

Hi ,

Sorry , but I cannot understand what is happening.

See if there is any difference with this file.

Narayan

Attachments

• Ramin.xlsm
    324 KB · Views: 3
Back