• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Relationships Not Working - Multiple Tables

Nangys

Hi All,

I have created this model:

Sb220dO.png

The objective is to link Table 1,2 and 3 tables to table 4.

Vendor_Key table contains the unique Vendor Numbers of table 1,2 and 3. The only table that has unique values is the Vendor_Key table.

However, I can't get the relationships to work:

hosE9EY.png

PowerPivot can't identify the relationship either.

Nonetheless, the relationships between Vendor_Key and Table_4 works correctly, but it doesn't when I add a field from another table.

Please advise.

Thanks

Regards,

Fernando

Last edited:
Hi Fernando ,

In which case , can you upload your workbook ? Are you using Excel 2010 or 2013 ?

I don't have Excel 2013.

Narayan

2010... workbook attached. thanks

Attachments

• Sample_workbook.xlsx
    832.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
@Nangys

Why not create a data table for all the vendors with all the details and than link that table to Main table?

Is there a problem in that, as I can see there are duplicate vendor # in C1, C2 & C3.

Regards,

@Nangys

Why not create a data table for all the vendors with all the details and than link that table to Main table?

Is there a problem in that, as I can see there are duplicate vendor # in C1, C2 & C3.

Regards,

Hi Somendra,

The issue is that each company/vendor may have multiple addresses, divisions or telephone numbers.

I created the Vendor_Key table with only the unique vendors ID's in order to link those table to the main table.

BTW, I see my Main_Table as a Fact table, the Vendor_Key table as a dimensional table... however, I'm not sure how to classify the other 3 tables.

Regards,

Fernando

Back